Better Separation (nfd 90)

Many years we learned from Monte how to have advantage in separation. He was great person and always helped with advices... With his help borned MD that differs from others...

07182314382.thumb.jpg.e51a003f2c04dd2093743fea11e78c5a.jpg

hff.thumb.jpg.2c0a13246de0534b3191e1dacd2c1ee0.jpg

Some tests 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Better Separation

90 kHz sure must be unique in today’s market. What limitation of depth on coin size targets?

That MD have normal depth and great separation with discrimination. Depth depends from many factors... As you can see if place poluted with many smal iron targets ORX (or other MDs) don't have depth at all. In hard ground depth on low conductors becomes in bad Discrimination (good targets will sound iron for other MDs). So all depends from place and MD that you using. If you want deepest targets use All metal mode without discrimination and look for weak signals...

• Like 3

Steve Herschbach, all tests was done also in the ground, same result. To imitate soil I used very hard briks. To film test in soil I need some time (have video but with test unit). ORX in Coin Fast 9" Coil 30kHz one of the best in separation so I compared them in same conditions...

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, reminding me about the GB 2--it sure knows how to identify iron. Found a 4 grain nugget a couple days ago in an iron-infested area with mine, but have never tried an in-ground non-ferrous separation test. Ground there isn't too bad, so mebbe some results. Will post if it works--probably using a dime, old Levi rivet, or larger nugget.

ysabxe, saw your sales post on the Compass Forum. When you have a good inventory you should put it on the DP Classifieds here. There will be many interested people.

• Like 1

Would like to see a video of the NFD in the field too , to have an idea of its audio in field conditions 

From my experience I noticed that it is relatively easy to obtain excellent performances for a detector either for separation or depth on a bed(home ) test .

But I noticed too that in a few cases that an excellent detector on a bed test was unusable in the field ...

This probably because the reality is more complex than a bed test , especially for separation tests ...

• Like 3

Monte's success was more due to using concentric coils over dd's where you can trim out iron from higher conductors. Tesoro's have always been good at that.

DD coils and in particular smaller and eliptical offer better separation in high trash areas over smothering round dd's.

90khz would probably be too ground sensitive. In the areas I hunt hot rocks and coal would be the issue. The depth of the machine is determined by the power of the machine and coil design. Good relic frequency ranges are 5-30khz range, more ground noise the lower frequency makes it easier to discern targets from it. Many early nugget machines were in the lower frequencies.

• Like 4