It is an interesting detector.

Thanks for posting the videos. I will be following your progress. The machine peaks my interest for beach hunting, but I  always the worry how it would handle EMI. That is the big question. Beaches on the coast have a lot of radar and communications, along with energized train tracks to contend with. Did you get 2 coils or just the low frequency coil?

I just Subscribed to your Channel and watched the first "intro" video. I think it will be very helpful to many and fun too. Even if someone doesn't get a Nexus or use an Analog machine, there is a lot that can be learned from them and your experience will show that.  I have been, and still really am in the same position with the Tarsacci MDT 8000. Very powerful unit, but also a very different animal. My Vista X is a hybrid Analog machine and it is pretty amazing in heavy iron and minerals. What these two detectors have that is missing from the more popular detectors is a true All Metal channel. Mixed mode is also almost unheard of today. The Nexus has both plus other refinements. A very interesting machine. Looking forward to the journey with you.

Where & what kind of ground conditions do you hunt? I'm digging relics in East Texas red dirt that sticks to a magnet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Thanks for posting the videos. I will be following your progress. The machine peaks my interest for beach hunting, but I  always the worry how it would handle EMI. That is the big question. Beaches on the coast have a lot of radar and communications, along with energized train tracks to contend with. Did you get 2 coils or just the low frequency coil?

That's a great question. As to EMI, those videos I posted are right next to a huge transmission line. The machine barely ripples directly under the wires. Concerning beaches, note this from the owner's manual. "The Nexus Standard MP V3 is an Analogue Induction Balance (IB) metal detector that operates in the very low frequency (VLF) range and it is designed for use on all Inland Sites, Tidal Salt Water Beaches."

As it turns out, my bride informed me today that she is dragging me to the beach the first week of September. I plan to message Georgi for setup suggestions. I only have the 13", 5 kHz, DD coil right now. I have the 11.5 inch 24 kHz coil on order along with a dual 12" low frequency. I wish I had the high frequency for the beach trip, but I don't expect it by then. 

Either way, I will report on my experience on the channel. I am not a beach hunter, so it should be interesting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JCR said:

I just Subscribed to your Channel and watched the first "intro" video. I think it will be very helpful to many and fun too. Even if someone doesn't get a Nexus or use an Analog machine, there is a lot that can be learned from them and your experience will show that.  I have been, and still really am in the same position with the Tarsacci MDT 8000. Very powerful unit, but also a very different animal. My Vista X is a hybrid Analog machine and it is pretty amazing in heavy iron and minerals. What these two detectors have that is missing from the more popular detectors is a true All Metal channel. Mixed mode is also almost unheard of today. The Nexus has both plus other refinements. A very interesting machine. Looking forward to the journey with you.

Where & what kind of ground conditions do you hunt? I'm digging relics in East Texas red dirt that sticks to a magnet.

I am in northwest Louisiana and have mild ground. Maybe we can get together.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capphd said:

That's a great question. As to EMI, those videos I posted are right next to a huge transmission line. The machine barely ripples directly under the wires. Concerning beaches, note this from the owner's manual. "The Nexus Standard MP V3 is an Analogue Induction Balance (IB) metal detector that operates in the very low frequency (VLF) range and it is designed for use on all Inland Sites, Tidal Salt Water Beaches."

As it turns out, my bride informed me today that she is dragging me to the beach the first week of September. I plan to message Georgi for setup suggestions. I only have the 13", 5 kHz, DD coil right now. I have the 11.5 inch 24 kHz coil on order along with a dual 12" low frequency. I wish I had the high frequency for the beach trip, but I don't expect it by then. 

Either way, I will report on my experience on the channel. I am not a beach hunter, so it should be interesting. 

Thanks for the information. I'd be interested in seeing if you can dig a very faint target in dry sand. That is what I usually hunt with the GPX, so and information on very faint (deep) targets and information on how  well it does with EMI would be appreciated. Good luck when you get out there. At least the digging will be easier. You might want to bring a short handled spade just in case 😄

6 hours ago, Capphd said:

I am in northwest Louisiana and have mild ground. Maybe we can get together.

That would be fun but it is hard to get away. I’m about 2 hours West of old Fort Jessup. Who knows?

A decent video on the Nexus MP,i have the 13'',10'' and 8x6 coil and also the 11.5'' Silver Scout,my favourite one out of these coil is the LF 8x6 DD coil which stays on the detector about 95% of the time....i find that i can increase the sensitivity right up and get some amazing depths from such a smallish coil,alas they no longer make the 8x6 coil and it does work exceptionally well on pasture sites here in the UK.