Better Separation (nfd 90)

Smaller the iron the easier it is for the  Tesoro's I have. Larger nails can be a problem on it. I wouldn't compare the Tesoro to the 9" hf Orx coil at all, 2 different animals.

As for your machine at 90khz, does it iron wrap on large silver, stacked quarters or large silver coins on edge?

Your machine non-motion? If so how does it handle around modern aluminum trash? That is an issue with most analog machines unless they have good audio modulation it can be difficult to judge depth and seek deeper targets.

Your machine has nice discrimination for that coil.

If you haven't started manufacturing you may want to consider putting the control box under the arm cuff to balance the machine out. That makes a world of difference more so than just a light weight machine.

Selling price? Will it be available in the USA?

• Like 3

Kac

Good question on price and even if it will be available in the US .

Okay went to the site and signed in but they just wanted to know my interest. I don’t know if I’ll get a reply back. If I do I’ll post it here.

I really wish a detector company wouldn’t come out with a detector unless they have them ready for the market. Who knows this detector may not be finalized. 
Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kac said:

does it iron wrap on large silver, stacked quarters or large silver coins on edge?

Your machine non-motion? If so how does it handle around modern aluminum trash? That is an issue with most analog machines unless they have good audio modulation it can be difficult to judge depth and seek deeper targets.

Many silver or cooper coins not a problem clear signal. If you cut aluminium you will miss gold and juwelery also lose in separation... bad idea

MD will be available in US, price under $200

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ysabxe said:

Many silver or cooper coins not a problem clear signal. If you cut aluminium you will miss gold and juwelery also lose in separation... bad idea

MD will be available in US, price under $200

Looks interesting , what are the specs of the NFD90 ? especially weight , power system ( batteries or lion ) , controls , etc ... Any user manual ?  thx    

• Like 2

I'll be getting one when it comes out. It doesn't look like it goes real deep but it is interesting. 

Let us know when it's available for sale.

• Like 2

The owners manual is just three pages with the first page is just a picture of the detector with the coil.

It shows the warranty is just for a year.

I hope it don’t come out looking like the first picture on the start of this post. I had a name brand detector with the control unit on top of the handle several years back and it was biggest crap I’d ever owned. I didn’t keep it no longer than it took to send it back. 
 All the weight is on top by and every time you put it down it would fall over like a dead dog.

Nobody as I know of have seen a price but with just a year warranty and the simplicity of the detector it can’t cost a lot. Having faith in your product would warrant a longer warranty in what you’re selling.

Maybe it would be best to have it clip on your belt than be sitting on top of the handle .

The shaft looked as if was anodize tubing and that went out with Buffalo chips. I do hope I’m wrong on that. That’s what was shown on their site..

For any reason any are all of my statement is in correct I apologize ahead of time and I’ll stand corrected at that time.

Chuck 

• Like 1

I always believe in the technical possibilities of detectors...when separating in iron...and in addition to the fact that the detector must be separated quickly...to further improve the separation properties, it must also have the possibility of using a high frequency from 30 kHz and higher...so that the separation she has improved significantly...

I am giving a small comparison of the new VERSA detector on the 23DD coil in the Monte  performance nailboard test on a small 13 mm -1.6gram  gold coin.../2 pesos 1945/ - the size and weight of the smallest US dollar type 1853...really demanding target..!!!

Testing showed that the use of a 1F high frequency. 40 khz.. /14 points out of 16 max/- significantly improves the separation compared to the position of the 1F frequency  18.4 khz.. /8-9 points.. out of 16 max/ in this type of test..

• Like 3

On 8/16/2023 at 4:35 AM, Ridge Runner said:

The owners manual is just three pages with the first page is just a picture of the detector with the coil.

It shows the warranty is just for a year.

I hope it don’t come out looking like the first picture on the start of this post

0718231846b3.thumb.jpg.e59dfaa8f2cf485a9f410c32cb5b64bd.jpg

MD can be used on any shaft. Body light and small in aluminimum case. It is analog and there is nothing to be broken if you don't drown it. Coil weight 0.75 Lbs. It uses 2X 18650 li-ion batteries, Type-C charging. You balance it, chosing Mode and go detecting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This detector could work good on a S shaft. Either on top just in front of the S are like someone said under side of the shaft. 
 What’s it all really come down to is price and how willing one is to pay for a unproven detector in the field .

Chuck 

• Like 1