Has Anyone Used The Nexus Mp V3c For Nugget Hunting?

That is a good question.  I've just seen some of the relic videos but nothing about nuggets.

I have never detected for gold nuggets ever,but i would think the the best coil for the job would be the 24khz Silver Scout concentric coil,its very good for finding both silver and gold coinage here in the UK,and also another coil possibility would be the 8x6 coil which alas they no longer make,i own and use that coil the most and because of its small size you can increase the sensitivity right up and behaves like a high power laser beam so that could also work,it certainly works on finding small gold coins and artefacts its a shame they never made that coil in a higher frequency though.

Just some possible some thoughts about using the Nexus MP for gold nugget hunting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Rick,

How long have you used a Nexus?  What would you say is different about the v3 from your models?

Looking at all your other detectors, how do you rate the Nexus?

If you have previously answered these questions can you point me to the thread or site?

Mitchel

On 8/19/2023 at 2:37 PM, jawbone said:

Has anyone tried gold hunting with  a Nexus MP V3 in heavily mineralized soils ?

If so, I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks.

First of all, the MP V3 was designed for heavily mineralized soils. The MP stands for mineral power. As for gold nugget hunting, I would suspect that the 24 kHz concentric coils would be the best option, indeed a very good option. Concerning using the V3 for gold hunting, Georgi Chaushev messaged me the following this morning: "The MP is the only existing bridge between PI and IB detectors rivaling PI in many regards and outperforming every IB in existence."

• 5 months later...

The MP V3 Nexus I ordered has a 24khz coil. The Credo has a 7khz dd.

If the MP can find a silver dime in pile of pulltabs as shown in the videos, maybe it can find a nugget in an iron and lead bullet infested gold field.

Good luck with both of your new machines and may they find you some amazing finds.

I'll say it this way that detectors can definitely be a certain benchmark for the possibility of detection in mineralization.. and thus also an indicator of the limit of detection in such a difficult environment..

The detection possibilities of various detectors can only be assessed by those who in their environment are able to compare several of the best mineralization detectors side by side...on their mineralized terrain...in tests...but also in practical detection...

Fortunately, the development of the electronics of VLF detectors,..as well as the development of their software is moving forward..and the deep possibilities in extra mineralization continue to improve.
and I'm glad to be a part of it...

Rick... will be interesting to watch the Nexus MP V3 ..with CC 24 khz coils how it does on gold in such conditions...