4 Day Campground Hunt, I'm Tired.

4 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

That was a good effort. πŸ˜„ Some sore bones later on maybe? πŸ€” Nice to know that they appreciate what you are doing there and always give you permission to hunt. As for the D2, even though I don't own one, I can see a lot of pluses over the Equinox. If I didn't already have too many machines, I would get one. It seems like a machine I would click with. Congrats on a great bunch of hunts.

Thanks, wish I got some precious metal but they're raking the sand lots and beach now. I'm surprised I didn't find more jewelry in the entertainment field, there were hundreds there on Saturday, and I made sure I was first there in the morning, maybe a nighthawk? πŸ˜€ or no one lost any jewelry. 😡

Most of the coins were sub-surface, very few fresh drops save for Zincolns which I skipped. This was much I missed detecting in previous years, I looked back. I'm one of the few who detects campgrounds, nearly all posts with that word are mine 🀣 D2 with V2 and the 13" is a marked improvement. You'd be amazed at how light it is.

I asked a few of the field staff what they thought, and they said they couldn't find any damage. πŸ‘

And yes, sore muscles were cured with magnesium and Celebrex. 😏 Some cider vinegar would have also helped if I brought any πŸ€”

17 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Β  Β Another great round of camping/detecting fun!

Β  Β I just figured that many of the shallow good targets, you probably nabbed last year! And this year, you are more proficient with the D2, and your programs! Alot to be said about being in tune with what your swinging! But, as I recall, you weren't a slouch with the 600 either, albeit maybe a bit less accurate in target ID's, which is on the 600!

Great job!!πŸ€πŸ‘πŸ‘

Β  Β 

Thanks!

I used the 600 for a couple hours and found nothing different, and really not much else at all. It was kinda sad really. πŸ˜… It just felt... not as good or snappy. It was useless save for 15kHz in the EMI spots, and yeah, the IDs are all over the place. The quick processing and 1-3 spread IDs with the D2 are quite spectacular.Β 

Congrats on another great hunt, and I see that you have more trucks to add to the car collection.

Seems like you always get some really nice permissions with great results.

Good luck on your next hunt, which should be soon since the crops are coming in from the fields now.

2 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Congrats on another great hunt, and I see that you have more trucks to add to the car collection.

Seems like you always get some really nice permissions with great results.

Good luck on your next hunt, which should be soon since the crops are coming in from the fields now.

Thanks VL,

Again those monster trucks were really deep, a disturbing trend πŸ€”

I've hunted this campground many times in the last 3 years, and always think I've cleaned it out. 🀣 I did look back and this is a record over previous hunts.

I'm either pushing or well over 1,000 coins from this place, some old but the majority are 1960-present. There's a pretty fast sink rate, I get state quarters at 6" or more rather often. At lower depths they're mostly 70s-80s.

What I love about the Deus 2 is that a clad quarter is a 92/93 even at 10"+, and a clad dime is 88-89.

Hot Wheels and monster trucks are 95-97, probably where a silver half dollar would register. I'd rather have one of those. 😁 Quite a shock.

I'm not afraid to ask anywhere I go, if they're gonna say no I'll make them say it a few times. 😏 I've only been held out on once.

Here's a photo of my return, the corn is past due here, and I hope they Bush Hog or till.2023-9-3-1.jpg.64f3dd8112333dca1c987a41fa3b586e.jpg

Can't wait to get back to it.Β 

Oh BTW

I got into a permission I thought was unobtanium !yesterdayΒ 

A local CG that is right on the bay that has been having massive festivals for many years . I met one of the maint workers and got him thinking about trying a detector out.....then said why don't we go down to the beach ?Β 

He looked around and said boss ain't around , we have an hour.

It was a goodn , OMG wish I really could do the whole placeΒ  , it was untouched BP. (before popeye). I will do a show n tell in my whole summah post.

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

I will do a show n tell in my whole summah post.

Thanks RVP, looking forward to that. πŸ‘

Campgrounds are awesome places to hunt, you just have to allay their fears of you making the place look like a groundhog invasion. Show them your diggin' gear, make sure they know you leave no trace, and make 'em say no more than once. 😁

Mentioning you know another detectorist that found live ammo next to a fire pit might help, 😏 and do tell them that you'll clean the sharp metal up.

Also a verbal contract that you will not hold them liable forΒ youΒ is still a binding contract

Β 

I'll just tease you all with this. There was a 1st and it had friends....

Β I just talked to the unknown "permission giver " a few minutes ago . Better news too !!Β  He's going to take me to see a guy that can fab and weld and might be able to fix the rustvaporated shock mount on my rig ! and maybe we can sneak in for another hunt later. I was thinking of night hunt......Β 

Had my first campfire in a while last night too !!!

Β 

This maint . guy might be a find too,Β  Been wintering south of the border for many years and found himself a little senorita and just became a citizen.

Lives near beaches IIRC............

45 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

This maint . guy might be a find too,Β  Been wintering south of the border for many years and found himself a little senorita and just became a citizen.

Good to know someone, but it's best to go right to the top. πŸ€” All campgrounds have a General Manager, some an assistant. I've been in a situation where The AGM gave me permission, and the GM accosted me later. It worked out ok, but if you have permission from the King, no one can touch you. πŸ‘‘

Boy howdy I hear that.

I had what I thought "official" permission here and during the fair a lady in a golf cart stopped to tell me to stop ! I told her I had permission  and the king was in on it. But turns out she was the gueen ! 😜 She just wanted me to wait till the event was over so we didn't have a million copy cats . I complied and went back to my stage to listen to another band I had actually been trying to gain some distance from till their set was over that reminded me of all the bad auditions I had to sit through in my life Aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! I was volunteering too !   But in the end I hit a jackpot that I will tell you about now. 

Their sound "expert" spotted my detecting one of the stage areas found out who I was and asked me if I would just ride along for the duration , I decided why not I sure didn't have any gigs for that week LOL

But last thing before dropping me off at the camper on the last night slipped me a couple of grants. Wouldn't take no for an answer.Β  Β So I DID technically get a sweet find from it. Oh Ayuh !