I Thought I Did Okay!

Gotta add my vote on the You Guys Are Killin' Me.

Well done ! on the awesome find counts !!  👍

Deepest shade of green here. But I won't give up !

Even if I have to move there ..🌴

Pirate Popeye askin' permission ta come aboard ? arrrrrrr🏴‍☠️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Gotta add my vote on the You Guys Are Killin' Me.

Well done ! on the awesome find counts !!  👍

Deepest shade of green here. But I won't give up !

Even if I have to move there ..🌴

Pirate Popeye askin' permission ta come aboard ? arrrrrrr🏴‍☠️

So my 2 friends who went on this hunt with me both found a lot more coins than I did but got shut out on the gold. My coil just got over the right targets. Sometimes they find the gold and I am the one shaking my head.                        The detecting here can be good but living in California definitely has its downside. I imagine that the cost of living here may eventually cause us to relocate to another state. I hear that Florida is good for retirees. 😅🙄

• Haha 1

If that's the game you guys are playing...... I'm not even at the starting line 😆 I will have to save all my gold rings that I find for the next couple of years so that I can just make one good contending post 😔 Sweet looking rings.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

If that's the game you guys are playing...... I'm not even at the starting line 😆 I will have to save all my gold rings that I find for the next couple of years so that I can just make one good contending post 😔 Sweet looking rings.

Thanks school, I know it's not a competition and that everything is relative. Of course, I was joking when I mentioned, "upping my game" and meant it more as a compliment to mn30403 and cjc. I am genuinely blessed and happy with what I find. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks school, I know it's not a competition and that everything is relative. Of course, I was joking when I mentioned, "upping my game" and meant it more as a compliment to mn30403 and cjc. I am genuinely blessed and happy with what I find. 

Don't worry, your post was not taken the wrong way. Recently, beaches out west have been giving up the gold regularly, and the fun factor must be huge out there. It's not often that nature exposes the deeper layers that can have those heavy targets. Between cjc, mn and you, I can live my life through you guys 😄 For me, competition is always between me and the sand. Sometimes the sand loses and I win. 🙂 But we all win just by being able to get out there and hunt!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Great haul, Compass! Congrats and Well Done! 😎

Thanks CPT, It was really a fun hunt and I learned a bit more about the Nox 800. In the first hour I found the small 14k yellow gold ring with the red stone and the 18k white gold ring during the second hour. Both were in waist deep water and read around "5" on the TID. I think the 10k heart ring was about a "3-5" TID and the last ring was the larger unmarked yellow and white gold band that was a solid "11". It seemed like all the rings had definitive audio and visual signatures and I was almost not surprised to see them in the scoop.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Compass said:

I'm not insensitive to anyone who may not have access to the variety of treasure hunting we enjoy here in SoCal.

I think that everyone knows that and I was just joking because he does find plenty of nice finds also.

Two separate parts of the country will always have different finds to be found.

As always good luck and stay safe.

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2023 at 2:25 PM, Compass said:

So, on my last hunt I found 4 gold rings at the lake with my Equinox. The biggest one only weighs 2.6 grams but the total for all 4 is 7.1 grams - a pretty productive hunt. This morning I see posts from mn90403 and cjc and think to myself, "Wow...I need to up my game!" 😅

IMG_20231026_120140__01.jpg

IMG_20231026_122804__01.jpg

Looks like a heck of a haul to me, nice saves

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valens Legacy said:

I think that everyone knows that and I was just joking because he does find plenty of nice finds also.

Two separate parts of the country will always have different finds to be found.

As always good luck and stay safe.

Thanks VL, I knew you were but I just didn't want him to take it the wrong way. BTW, I appreciate all your positive comments and support on this forum!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1