Minelab Price Increase?

TripleT

On 11/30/2023 at 1:41 AM, TripleT said:

Just watched a Minelab Australia video saying across the board price increase of approximately %25 for all metal detectors.  Manticore is listed in Aussie dollars, same as Canuck dollars as $2199.  New price January 1st. $2699...

Then Minelab will price themselves out of some markets.

At some point I wanted a Manticore but wanted to wait till I could get it cheaper.

If Minelab are going to hike yhe price then they stick it where yhe Sun don't shine.

As it is they only have 3 year warranty and I don't think they are all that good in build quality. 

Even now my 900 is having green corrosion on the outside of the connector where the coil lead goes into the control box.

I might well buy another Deus 11 . High quality. Much lower price and works like a Minelab on the beach. Even if there is a fiddly wire to fit for under water use.

My .02
Only time a manufacture "alerts" the public they're going to increase price is to stimulate current lagging sales. Otherwise, why threaten increased profits, or decreased costs to make the baseline costs after the new price is set? 

I'm guessing its more likely the threat of an increase aligns with the new higher price of whatever model they plan on replacing the CTX3030 with... then, the jacked up price makes the new one reasonable. 

45 minutes ago, Medina said:

My .02
Only time a manufacture "alerts" the public they're going to increase price is to stimulate current lagging sales. Otherwise, why threaten increased profits, or decreased costs to make the baseline costs after the new price is set? 

I'm guessing its more likely the threat of an increase aligns with the new higher price of whatever model they plan on replacing the CTX3030 with... then, the jacked up price makes the new one reasonable. 

Not to me it doesn't. My business goes elsewhere. XP is better value these days. And a longer warranty.

UK prices are a con.

Another thing. As Minelabs are pretty poorly made now and mostly non repairable after 3 years it will be worthless secondhand.

I for one could not do what I used to do in the past and buy new replacements just to have a warranty.

Looks like I will stay with my 2 x ET and until it conks the 900. Though that will go before its warranty expires.

I will be buying another Deus 11 later next year.

Pity about Minelab but that's what you get when your a shareholder company.

Saw on Facebook that Dilek has announced a price hike on Noktas. But that's around $€50 , that £2 trillion for us Brits lol

If Minelab is thinking 25% then they are in for a bad time.

Other than newbies to the hobby who know no better.

15 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

Saw on Facebook that Dilek has announced a price hike on Noktas. But that's around $€50 , that £2 trillion for us Brits lol

Ha ha.

To clarify though:

The price hike is just on the Legend, and it's a $50 US hike. A lot of Legend users were speculating a price hike on the Legend for a long time. Reason being, it was priced abnormally low for what it is. I was expecting the hike to be $100.

I suppose the addition of the Legend's baby brothers had something to do with it as well. More specifically, not enough of a price gap between the Double Score and the Legend, and the Double Score was already priced too low to lower it any further.

13 hours ago, Nuke em said:

mostly non repairable after 3 years

Just wondering if that information is backed up officially by Minelab ?

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Just wondering if that information is backed up officially by Minelab ?

The Nox and any machine of that sort are after warranty not much better than paperweights. They are ceiled units.

The ET and CTX are repairable provided if still made you can get support from somewhere. Others might not be now? 

Talk about throw away society !

I have heard this from one high end source in the past and others. No wonder they wont increase the warranty to match XP. 

Look at all the trouble they had with the 800 flooding etc.

I have been told that if a unit goes wrong in warranty and is proven then they just replace. Says a lot about after warranty repairs!

Yes, the Nox and Manticore pods are replacements if they get anything wrong with them internally.  They can't be repaired.  They do sell replacement pods for a reasonable price if they die outside of warranty, but they won't sell them unless they take your old pod away and give you the new pod, this is to stop people buying pods without having their Nox fail to make up a second unit for cheap.

The CTX can be repaired internally such as a new screen or whatever.  

It's the waterproofing that's caused the pods to not be repairable, although the CTX was waterproof also but done differently, I guess the Nox method wasn't all that great being a frequent drowning machine, the Manticore so far appears better, unless everyone's just been too scared to use it in the water 🙂

Minelab have quite a long support period on their detectors after they're discontinued so parts will be available for some years after detectors like the CTX are discontinued, although if desperate the Chinese have heaps of fake CTX parts for sale these days like screens and control pod housings.

A friends GPZ buttons stopped working, Minelab wanted a stupid amount of money to fix it and they wouldn't sell the part for him to do it himself so he had to ship it by post to them, wait a couple of weeks and hope it doesn't have problems in transit or go missing so he just bought a fake button PCB from China and it's worked well for him for a fraction of the price.

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yes, the Nox and Manticore pods are replacements if they get anything wrong with them internally.  They can't be repaired.  They do sell replacement pods for a reasonable price if they die outside of warranty, but they won't sell them unless they take your old pod away and give you the new pod, this is to stop people buying pods without having their Nox fail to make up a second unit for cheap.

The CTX can be repaired internally such as a new screen or whatever.  

It's the waterproofing that's caused the pods to not be repairable, although the CTX was waterproof also but done differently, I guess the Nox method wasn't all that great being a frequent drowning machine, the Manticore so far appears better, unless everyone's just been too scared to use it in the water 🙂

Minelab have quite a long support period on their detectors after they're discontinued so parts will be available for some years after detectors like the CTX are discontinued, although if desperate the Chinese have heaps of fake CTX parts for sale these days like screens and control pod housings.

A friends GPZ buttons stopped working, Minelab wanted a stupid amount of money to fix it and they wouldn't sell the part for him to do it himself so he had to ship it by post to them, wait a couple of weeks and hope it doesn't have problems in transit or go missing so he just bought a fake button PCB from China and it's worked well for him for a fraction of the price.

Still a lot more than a repair to a properly repairable machine.

Minelabs are getting to expensive in the UK. I thought we had a trade deal!

Yeah right.