Another Surprise In The Land Of Scarce Signals...

1 hour ago, Compass said:

Very sweet gold - congrats!!! It's awesome that your success was due to both your persistence and the current taking you to that spot. Fortune favors the bold.

Believe me, if it weren't for over an ounce collected at that spot, I wouldn't even plan to go back there, given the difficulty in reaching the shore from the parking lot.

On Monday I start hooka compressor testing and I think I will have to go back there again....

• Oh my! 1

Hey Skull ! 

I've been thinking about your hunt.

Maybe you should let the currents take you around more often?

It almost seems to have decided you were a treasure and was sorting you into the proper spot with the rest of the treasure.   Ya never know about the sea.🥸

PLUS  one more trick in the tool box ! arrrrr

Just read your last response . 

An OZ ? THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout ! 

Might want to disregard the currents when there's a rip tide .   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

Hey Skull ! 

I've been thinking about your hunt.

Maybe you should let the currents take you around more often?

It almost seems to have decided you were a treasure and was sorting you into the proper spot with the rest of the treasure.   Ya never know about the sea.🥸

PLUS  one more trick in the tool box ! arrrrr

Just read your last response . 

An OZ ? THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout ! 

Might want to disregard the currents when there's a rip tide .   

Well, speaking a little more technically about what happened I think I tracked a piece that because of its shape and weight, stayed where it was lost in deeper water.

Almost all of the pieces I pulled up in that spot were in the first drop off with smaller weights.

The pleasure I am getting with the D2 is intercepting broken bracelets and necklaces that overall make weight.

Rip tides however are something I look out for.

Although I am pretty heavily weighted, I can feel the displacement barely getting under control and at that point I resurface.

• Like 1

Yer makin' me seasick , th' good kind though I miss that sh ,, stuff but still have seal costumes and a couple accessories ...mostly to wade in streams with quick bottom dips to check on beeps these days..

Only did 1 beach this summer , might do some in the cold but staying up on dry , the sea be 42 today , maybe back in younger days...and besides the Cap is in Nebraska and he took the boat , sold it for a camparrr !  😫 

I figured you'd know about the rip , just added it in case a lub decided to try driftin' like that.  For you ,, just don't follow them mermaids ! ooooie .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Yer makin' me seasick , th' good kind though I miss that sh ,, stuff but still have seal costumes and a couple accessories ...mostly to wade in streams with quick bottom dips to check on beeps these days..

Only did 1 beach this summer , might do some in the cold but staying up on dry , the sea be 42 today , maybe back in younger days...and besides the Cap is in Nebraska and he took the boat , sold it for a camparrr !  😫 

I figured you'd know about the rip , just added it in case a lub decided to try driftin' like that.  For you ,, just don't follow them mermaids ! ooooie .

Hard not to remember mermaids, I have one tattooed on my chest, right after a bad day when I was trapped far from the shore without bcd and fins, overwheighted in an invisible and strong current.A good scare and a lesson I won't forget.It was 2014, a week before my daughter was born.If I didn't die of fright, it was close.

• Like 1

Scary stuff  ! 

I was just posting about I lost a friend diving when I was younger in a welcome post to Goonie Pirate . Keeps ya focused.  Some info on me pirate days too. 

I think everybody here has a bit of pirate in 'em.....

5 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Scary stuff  ! 

I was just posting about I lost a friend diving when I was younger in a welcome post to Goonie Pirate . Keeps ya focused.  Some info on me pirate days too. 

I think everybody here has a bit of pirate in 'em.....

This is the reason why I have been giving much importance to the "KJ factor" ever since.

There is no chance of counteracting a force of KJ 4 and above when diving with the kind of buoyancy required for bottom searching.

If you find yourself in an open spot with no obstructions to the flow of currents, it is best to start emergency procedures early.

So the first essential check before a session is wave energy.

For no reason do I approve a day with higher KJ, other than 0/1/2.

• Like 1

Good to hear.👍

Never underestimate the power of the sea folks . You will lose that bet.

Lessons like that learned by experience tend to stick with ya ! 

Now getting back to business , how about a pic of that booty ?😜🏴‍☠️

9 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Now getting back to business , how about a pic of that booty ?😜🏴‍☠️

There may be a few pieces missing, but most are in these shots.

Screenshot_2023-11-02-16-04-36-577_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

IMG_20231030_175102.jpg

IMG_20231018_172735.jpg

IMG_20231013_144013.jpg

IMG-20231013-WA0004.jpeg

Screenshot_2023-09-12-17-17-15-471_com.instagram.android-edit.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1