Iron Mineralization Legend Vs Equinox 800 Video

Very good video demonstration.  This also mirrors my observations with the Legend in 3 bars of maghemite minerals on it's meter scale.  I will add that on coin size targets, Field M1 performs best if you can use it, but it is still severely effected by the minerals. M3's conductive subtraction & the Beach Multis did not work very well.  If Nokta should ever add a Hot Rock setting, you could apply some positive adjustment that would help bring small/deep targets up out of the Iron/Ground range. I have done this on the Rutus Versa at @EL NINO77's suggestion & it helped a good bit.   Thanks for posting.

Jeff,

I'm shocked. Why on earth would you do a test with actual dirt like you would find when you are really hunting?  Don't you know that you can only do testing with multiple levels of wood blocks on your patio?  Boy, rookie mistake buddy.  You need to watch more YouTube videos and get educated.

Bill

Bill, I always chuckle when I see target separation tests and air “depth” tests done on inert surfaces that claim to show definitive detection results that can be counted on and used in the field. Imagine doing some of the popular on YouTube 3D multi level ferrous/non ferrous separation tests but with the targets imbedded in that dirt………I don’t have to imagine that. I’ve done them all and it’s not pretty even using Deus 2. 

I started to wonder how all of the Legend's available frequency choices would do in a depth test on the dime under both of those sample pans. By "do" I mean actually hit the target, not give an accurate ID. I know this from experience but I still after all this time wonder what the relative depth of detection difference is between simultaneous multi frequency and single frequency in a situation like I setup. So I did a quick dirt plus air gap depth test using the same dirt samples in the same pans with the same dime and with the same Legend and LG24 coil setup the same way as it was in the video. I did not do that with the Equinox 800......no need for that.

The dime measured 5.5 inches (140mm) under the rim of the top sample pan. Using the Legend/LG24, Field mode at sensitivity 20, I recorded the height of the bottom edge of the coil over the dime with the two sample pans on top of it. I subjectively listened with headphones for the coil height where I could still hear an "I'm stopping for that" repeatable target response. These numbers record the distance from the bottom of the coil to the dime.

40 kHz                         5.75"/146mm

10 and 15 kHz             6"/152mm

4 and 20 kHz              6.25"/158mm

M3                               7.25"/184mm

M2                               8"/204mm

M1                               8.25"/210mm

I remember Carter Pennington making that video and a really good depth test video where he or someone dug a huge trench. Thanks for posting it.