Avantree Interested In Hearing From You

1 hour ago, Wiggins said:

Unfortunately, according to our engineers, it doesn't seem like making a Bluetooth LE Audio transmitter is possible at the moment. We'll likely have to roll with either atpX Low Latency or FastStream.

I used two Avantree Saturn Pro aptX Low Latency transmitter/receiver units for years with my GPX 5000 with earbuds.

I am currently using one as a receiver that pairs with my GPX 6000 with Bone conduction phones.

It would be great if Avantree could combine the Avantree Saturn Pro apt Low Latency electronics into a set of bone conduction phones to eliminate the dangling cord and controls and the charging of an extra battery.

Avantree and bone phones.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

Yeah Wiggins the Torus here downunder is probably the most used by serious detector operators BT neckband, personally I dont see any need for latency any lower than atpX, to add to Phrunts post the Torus aint broke.... please dont phase it out unless the product replacing it can do as well for us and is compatible with our detectors.

PS We find a good pair of non-metal long lasting comfortable boots and when they wear out they are no longer available to purchase, I beg you please don`t let the Torus go that way😉

I hope you meant aptX LL instead of just aptX because there is a huge difference of Latency aptX LL from my understanding is 40ms or lower and standard aptX is 150ms or higher

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I used two Avantree Saturn Pro aptX Low Latency transmitter/receiver units for years with my GPX 5000 with earbuds.

I am currently using one as a receiver that pairs with my GPX 6000 with Bone conduction phones.

It would be great if Avantree could combine the Avantree Saturn Pro apt Low Latency electronics into a set of bone conduction phones to eliminate the dangling cord and controls and the charging of an extra battery.

Avantree and bone phones.jpg

I would love to see Avantree come out with some wireless true bone conduction headphones that has really good audio volume levels and good audio sound

I have tried several pairs of Bone Conduction headphones some were compatible with the aptX LL and a couple were not and the main issue I ran into with all of the Bone Conduction headphones I tried, was the volume was not adequate enough to make them usable with a detector, yes you could hear the tones but it was a struggle to hear the tones and if the wind was blowing it was impossible to hear anything through them, yes putting a pair of earplugs in your ears helped with being able to hear the sound coming through them but for me personally the whole reason I want Bone Conduction headphones is so I can stay aware of what is happening around me, and having to put a set of earplugs in to be able to hear the tones coming from your detector kind of defeats the purpose for me wearing bone conduction headphones

I like your headphone set up @Chet other than the wire aspect, how is the volume of the headphones ???

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

I like your headphone set up @Chet other than the wire aspect, how is the volume of the headphones ???

The phones have a rechargeable battery powered amplifier. With full volume they are acceptable. There may be a limit to how much volume can be achievable with bone conduction? On cold windy days I use the same receiver unit with over the ears headphones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chet said:

The phones have a rechargeable battery powered amplifier. With full volume they are acceptable. There may be a limit to how much volume can be achievable with bone conduction? On cold windy days I use the same receiver unit with over the ears headphones.

I think you are correct, with the way Bone conduction transfers the sound through your Cheek Bone to allow for hearing the sounds, there may be a limit as to what a manufacture could achieve as far as volumes are concerned, I will say the Bone Conduction phones I tried even though they had onboard volume control on the headphones themselves the volume was limited by the amount of volume control that the detector itself could be adjusted to

a fore instance with the Legend it only has 6 volume levels that the Legend is capable of achieving so even at its loudest volume setting of 6 it just was not enough, but when I used the same bone Conduction phones with the Axiom using a transmitter plugged into the headphone jack of the Axiom the Volume was considerably louder through the Bone Conduction phones, it was the same with my 24K so the volumes that can be achieved is really dependent on both the detector and the Bone Conduction phones being able to be adjusted to a higher volume level

Avantree also produces a Bone Conduction style headphone called Lingo, the Lingo is Air Conduction, the Lingo works fairly good also except when the wind is blowing, then you can not hardly hear the tones

I will say each and every bone conduction and air conduction device I tried worked fantastic and had great volume with my Cell or when using them with my Lap Top or TV they all had great volume Levels but were the complete opposite when using them with a detector, which is what tells me that the Volumes that can be achieved is dependent on how high the volume can be adjusted on what ever device you connect them to

• Like 1

In our experience, Bone Conduction headphones are not very loud. At max volume, they are not as loud as Air Conduction headphones such as the Avantree Lingo or the Avantree Resolve, and much softer than in-ear models such as Airpods and Samsung buds.

We can look into boosting the volume for Bone Conduction headphones, but so far it seems like they are the quietest option, which may not be great for you if you're trying to hear the subtle beeps. The Torus' speaker may be a better option if you want to be aware of your surroundings.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Wiggins said:

In our experience, Bone Conduction headphones are not very loud. At max volume, they are not as loud as Air Conduction headphones such as the Avantree Lingo or the Avantree Resolve, and much softer than in-ear models such as Airpods and Samsung buds.

We can look into boosting the volume for Bone Conduction headphones, but so far it seems like they are the quietest option, which may not be great for you if you're trying to hear the subtle beeps. The Torus' speaker may be a better option if you want to be aware of your surroundings.

totally agree with you Wiggins, on the Bone Conduction headphones

Hi Wiggins at one time I had a pair of these that I used when I was the foreman on a landscape maintenance crew for a school district, I would actually wear them while running a mower which mowers have very loud volumes when the blades and engine is running

I would listen to music through these while I was operating a mower and they had great volume that I could hear music over the mower through these, they were made by Panasonic and are no longer in production, they were produced back in the early 2000s 

https://www.aptx.com/products/panasonic-btg-s10-bone-conduction-headset

if Avantree could produce something like these I believe they would work great for Metal Detecting

Sure, I brought up bone conduction to my boss, we're considering producing them, need to run it by our engineers and product team, and also gauge interest from the community.

On another note, would any of you be interested in a durable clip-on speaker with aptX Low Latency?

Similar to this DeWalt device: https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-Wearable-Bluetooth-Resistant-Hands-Free/dp/B0B11LNX21

image.thumb.png.edb364283e53c15c263e0b514aa9f663.png

At the moment, the frontrunners for our development would be:

1: Upgraded version of Torus with better durability

2: Clip-on speaker with aptX Low Latency

3: NB18 style neckband earbuds with aptX Low Latency 

4: Bone conduction headphones with aptX Low Latency

All of these devices if developed would come with the Relay Bluetooth transmitter (aptX Low Latency enabled) and a 3.5mm-6.35mm jack.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All four would be brilliant, the clip on speaker would be fantastic especially if water resistant.

• Like 2