I was on a trip, using my Gold Bug Pro device with the standard 11-inch search coil, and suddenly the device continued to buzz with the Overload message appearing. I moved away from the place, but nothing changed. I raised the detector high and nothing changed. I also tried the other 5-inch disk, and it was normal. I expected a nail or Something similar entered through a crack at the base of the search file. I dismantled the damaged file and did not find any indication of the problem...
Any help is welcome

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Search Coil Problem

I have one as well, interested to see what they find, sounds like a shorted coil to me

A similar thing happened to my nokta gold kruzer. It suddenly started overloading in mid air at factory sensitivity setting. It would stop if I bumped it down 1 notch to 69. This was on the smaller DD coil. When I put the other concentric coil on, it purrs like a kitten in full sensitivity.  Nokta sent me a new DD coil. It was worse than my original. It would even act like the coil was disconnected if I switched frequency. The detector is on its way to the service center. I'll let you know what they find out.

• 1 month later...

لقد أرسلت ملف البحت إلى الصيانة وتبين أن ملف الإستقبال يحتاج إلى إستبدال ولم تتم الصيانة وما زلت  أنتظر 

1 hour ago, Detecter57 said:

لقد أرسلت ملف البحت إلى الصيانة وتبين أن ملف الإستقبال يحتاج إلى إستبدال ولم تتم الصيانة وما زلت  أنتظر 

Translated:

I sent the search file to maintenance and it turned out that the reception file needed to be replaced and maintenance was not completed and I am still waiting

• Like 1