Benefits Of Controversy

Greetings.. Mike.../Iffy Signals/ if you have read this whole thread then you know what I mean... as a tester of Atrex and VERSA I know very well where the limit of discrimination of iron...and non-iron targets is with these detectors ....
And not only with Atrex and VERSA, but with the other 25 detectors that I own...
and I know what each detector can do not only in synthetic tests but also in practical detection in the field...

Iffy, you think you have as much experience with the VERSA detector... as Testers.. who have been testing and detecting in the field with this detector for more than a year?

I have been using Rutus detectors since 2012... so I know the settings of these detectors very well... where these detectors used negative discrimination...

If you read this Thread, you will understand how sound profiles are set in VERSA..

As a detector Tester... she will certainly be interested in the practical Test Versa on the really difficult Top Digin test field where many targets are stored as separation targets...

The test was done by the owner of the test field ..Mike"...who is a Minelab Manticore Field Tester ..

The VERSA software is still being worked on, it is a continuous process where emphasis is placed on various aspects of the further improvement of the Rutus VERSA detector.

2 hours ago, Iffy Signals said:

New User, Saying Hi All. 🫣

The “eyeballs I attracted” with my Versa videos were also from RUTUS. When the testing videos can help the end user make a decision (potentially saving them money, or moving ahead with a purchase) and equally important a company moving ahead with an update based on my findings.. Those are the only views I am looking for. 

*The next Versa update is already in the works.

Take Care, Mike

Mike,  Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of good discussion here by some knowledgeable and passionate Detectorists. I hope you will join in with your ideas & observations. You could add a lot of value and be a better Liaison between the serious users who post here and the Manufacturers you interact with on product feedback & development.

The whole basis of me starting this particular thread is what you stated above.

Rutus in particular with the Versa and users in general of other high end detector models will benefit from thoughtful discussion.  Let me Thank you at this time for your Versa 3D unmasking videos. I felt sure Rutus would see them & would be responsive in a positive way(after the dust settled).  This is what happened with Nokta and the Legend. You played an important part in the improvements we have seen on this unit too. I thank you now for that also.

My "journey" with the Versa & Rutus as a manufacturer has been very enlightening.  A little with the actual detector itself, much more with how detectors & detecting is approached in The Old World of Central Europe. Those people are serious about detecting. There is quite a bit lost in the translation of language but it has been a good education. @EL NINO77 has been particularly helpful, and others also.

1 hour ago, EL NINO77 said:

Greetings.. Mike.../Iffy Signals/ if you have read this whole thread then you know what I mean... as a tester of Atrex and VERSA I know very well where the limit of discrimination of iron...and non-iron targets is with these detectors ....
And not only with Atrex and VERSA, but with the other 25 detectors that I own...
and I know what each detector can do not only in synthetic tests but also in practical detection in the field...

Iffy, you think you have as much experience with the VERSA detector... as Testers.. who have been testing and detecting in the field with this detector for more than a year?

I have been using Rutus detectors since 2012... so I know the settings of these detectors very well... where these detectors used negative discrimination...

If you read this Thread, you will understand how sound profiles are set in VERSA..

As a detector tester... she will certainly be interested in the practical Test Versa on the really difficult Top Digin test field where many targets are stored as separation targets...

The test was done by the owner of the test field ..Mike"...who is a Minelab Manticore Field Tester ..

The VERSA software is still being worked on, it is a continuous process where emphasis is placed on various aspects of the further improvement of the Rutus VERSA detector.

Hi El Nino, no sir. I do not have any experience with Rutus machines. All i know is that you should not have to modify tone bins/sound profiles on the Versa or dig Negative numbers (which you do) to keep up with a Nokta Score, a turn on and go machine. I make mistakes when testing, do you? When you test for RUTUS are you being honest, i mean brutally honest, (whats working, not working, comparing against other machines) when testing/development is needed? Maybe you are and this was missed? But if unmasking concern that i showed was brought up to RUTUS already (by one of his testers) this would have already been improved/resolved months ago. Send me an email if you would like to chat more. Iffysignals@yahoo.com. 

Iffy, I'm honest... in October of last year, I did a comparative separation test of VERSA on the NC software with my ORX with a 9hf coil ..

..a small nickel coin is placed at a depth of 11 cm/middle placed green ruler /..between two nails that are on the surface of the ground..

ORX..

ORX  coil sweep by 90 degrees...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now we will say .... where did I make a mistake in the tests..?
. I set each detector so that the test reaches the limit where the detector can reliably discriminate these nails... so they are at the same starting position...!!!

10 minutes ago, JCR said:

Mike,  Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of good discussion here by some knowledgeable and passionate Detectorists. I hope you will join in with your ideas & observations. You could add a lot of value and be a better Liaison between the serious users who post here and the Manufacturers you interact with on product feedback & development.

The whole basis of me starting this particular thread is what you stated above.

Rutus in particular with the Versa and users in general of other high end detector models will benefit from thoughtful discussion.  Let me Thank you at this time for your Versa 3D unmasking videos. I felt sure Rutus would see them & would be responsive in a positive way(after the dust settled).  This is what happened with Nokta and the Legend. You played an important part in the improvements we have seen on this unit too. I thank you now for that also.

My "journey" with the Versa & Rutus as a manufacturer has been very enlightening.  A little with the actual detector itself, much more with how detectors & detecting is approached in The Old World of Central Europe. Those people are serious about detecting. There is quite a bit lost in the translation of language but it has been a good education. @EL NINO77 has been particularly helpful, and others also.

Thanks JCR, appreciate it 👍 its allot like the Legend. I spoke up, allot of people would not because of the drama.. but the Rutus fans are right, i do not know Rutus machines, but i do know what you should not have to do to get it to perform. Think of me as a beginner, I would sell it and by a Nox or Legend that perform better out of the box. There will always be people who dispute, and i get that, its a passion. I cannot get into the details yet but i think everyone will be impressed with the next update. I have also looking online at dealers who will ship them to the US if you place an order. There are a couple. 

19 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

Iffy, I'm honest... in October of last year, I did a comparative separation test of VERSA on the NC software with my ORX with a 9hf coil ..

..a small nickel coin is placed at a depth of 11 cm between two nails that are on the surface of the ground..

ORX..

ORX  coil sweep by 90 degrees...

And now I will tell you where I made a mistake in the tests... I set each detector so that these nails do not separate... so they are at the same starting position...

Ah ok, thx for the info. The Orx is a single freq machine. My tests are all In Multi Freq vs Multi Frequency machines. 

Iffy, I don't know if the Legend will work better out of the box when it is set to tone break 10...:wink:

16 minutes ago, Iffy Signals said:

Ah ok, thx for the info. The Orx is a single freq machine. My tests are all In Multi Freq vs Multi Frequency machines. 

ORX is one of the standards of 3D separation,,, but detectors from the Alter71, ATREX and VERSA series are also excellent in 3D deep separation...

ALTER 71 found and unmasked the most gold coins for me /11 coin /  ,,.Equinox 800 /3 coin /

ATREX other /4/.. those. mostly disguised by iron...

Such are my experiences and detection practice...

14 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

Iffy, I don't know if the Legend will work better out of the box when it is set to tone break 10...:wink:

Yea! Not sure about that one. Double Score and Score do though. I think Nokta figured it out with those two. Simplified IF as well. 👍

6 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

ORX is one of the standards of 3D separation,,, but detectors from the Alter71, ATREX and VERSA series are also excellent in 3D deep separation...

ALTER 71 found and unmasked the most gold coins for me /11/
Equinox 800/ 3/
ATREX other /4/.. those. mostly disguised by iron.

I have not tried any of those other than the Nox. Had the D1 for a couple of years, that was an unmasking champ as well.