Benefits Of Controversy

That's good news on availability.  I ordered mine thru Detecnicks in the UK. off their E Bay storefront.  First time I have ever purchased something directly from Overseas.  It is really kind of funny, if some one had told me even 5 years ago that I would own a metal detector made in Poland, or Turkey, I would not have believed them.  I have a couple of Dealers that are still old fashioned small affairs that don't just drop ship product. One carries Deep Tech, the other Tarsacci.  I have thought of asking them if they would consider Rutus if it gets to the point of interest in the USA that it would be viable.   I purchased mine based on the reputation of Rutus machines being excellent in bad soils & heavy Iron trash.  The option of having Dual(Mixed) Modes that run a Threshold based All Metal channel in multifrequency was exclusive. I am mostly a Relic hunter with a lot of bad dirt iron trash sites. I did not buy it for a Park or even general all around detector. I already have the excellent Legend. The Versa is a very good unit already, better than the Legend in bad dirt depth.   I look forward to it being even better all around.   There is a lot of future potential riding on what update(s) come out for it. I also hope Rutus will introduce additional coils. A large  35cm coil & a small ~12-15cm coil are needed. Also a small & mid size Concentric coil that runs SMF would be another exclusive. They already have these for the Versa's predecessor Atrex.

43 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

Iffy, I don't know if the Legend will work better out of the box when it is set to tone

I have not tried any of those other than the Nox. Had the D1 for a couple of years, that was an unmasking champ as well

When I bought Rutus  Alter 71 v2, which passed such a 3D test perfectly, I already knew that it would be a really excellent unmasker..Further ground 3D separation tests on coins at different depths in the field and detection only confirmed it...

Thin 2cm -0.90 gram 9K gold ring in Such a 3D separation test is a really challenging target.

IMG_20200301_225810_715.jpg

4 hours ago, Iffy Signals said:

New User, Saying Hi All. 🫣

The “eyeballs I attracted” with my Versa videos were also from RUTUS. When the testing videos can help the end user make a decision (potentially saving them money, or moving ahead with a purchase) and equally important a company moving ahead with an update based on my findings.. Those are the only views I am looking for. 

*The next Versa update is already in the works.

Take Care, Mike

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. If you took my comment personally there is no need to as I was not referring to you or anyone specifically. It only applies to you if you think it applies to you and I'd assume you are not one of "those guys?" If you did take offense I do apologize as it was not my intent to be commenting on you or what you do in any way. Just general nonsense I have seen on YouTube the last few years prompted my comment.

10 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. If you took my comment personally there is no need to as I was not referring to you or anyone specifically. It only applies to you if you think it applies to you and I'd assume you are not one of "those guys?" If you did take offense I do apologize as it was not my intent to be commenting on you or what you do in any way. Just general nonsense I have seen on YouTube the last few years prompted my comment.

NP Steve, I have heard of the forum in the past, so I stopped by to check it out. Apologize to all for my first interactions on here being somewhat of a dispute. Have a good night and great weekend. 

Mike

I think this type of informed, civil, yet lively discussion is just what is needed from time to time. An important part of why this Forum is so valuable to serious detectorists.

Little late to the party, @EL NINO77 you're really clued on, your skill with detectors astounds me and to discover something like your DVD-R/CD comparison is pretty cool.

The reason your DVD-R is better than a CD for your test is the layers required in the disc, the DVD-R has a higher metal content layer often aluminium as the reflective surface for the laser and in good branded higher quality discs the alloy/silver layer, you'd get even better results with a DVD-RW or writable Bluray some with reflective gold particles included in the layer.

A thin metal layer is a critical component of the CD, DVD and Bluray discs as it is used to reflect laser beams in order to read the data.

Go find an old original XBox or Playstation game DVD, even thicker layer to try handle scratches better and as a form of copy protection, the lasers on their rom drives required the highly reflective layer to read the disc to try prevent people making copies and why some higher quality brands of DVD-R's worked better than others for copies like Ricoh DVD's for the original Xbox, and some found using DVD-RW's worked when DVD-R's didn't.  Same reason, better metal composition.

Simon.. you have a very good observation... different CDs and DVD-Rs really have variations in the thickness of the metal recording layer... that's why I also chose a CD that is less visible during the tests - it has a finer recorder and detectors in the Beach programs they don't see or detect this CD anymore...

As a second disc.. for the 2-stage conductivity detector testing.. I chose the DVD-R disc because it has a significantly stronger metal recording layer... and therefore it is also better visible on the detectors in the Beach programs...
this allowed me to do a 2-step comparison of any program or detector settings for conductive terrain..

In this way, for example, you can easily find out the level of resistance of a given program and setting .. when detecting on a conductive field ..

And what is most important .. you can transfer this knowledge .. only in real detection on some terrains ..

Some terrains can be medium-difficult terrains when dry...the situation can change if the terrain is also wet or wet...so different salinity, ash, calcium, ceramics, and civilized deposits create really difficult conditions for proper detection...remember who cold rock, of which there are many... and you have an excellent test environment .. to test the detector..

Rutus ATREX in the test field  on a multi-frequency program with elimination of field conductivity..

ATREXvHispanii.jpg.3e0f73939ffa5906895022c7db9a273b.jpg

or another example is here:

IMG_20220123_133213 (1).jpg

On 1/26/2024 at 10:47 AM, Iffy Signals said:

New User, Saying Hi All. 🫣

The “eyeballs I attracted” with my Versa videos were also from RUTUS. When the testing videos can help the end user make a decision (potentially saving them money, or moving ahead with a purchase) and equally important a company moving ahead with an update based on my findings.. Those are the only views I am looking for. 

*The next Versa update is already in the works.

Take Care, Mike

Hi Mike,

It is great to see you here on this forum as a posting member. Hopefully you will stick around and even do an introductory post in the "New Members" topic.

I can only speak for myself here but you are one of the few USA based metal detector review YouTubers that I subscribe to and wholeheartedly respect for your honesty, sound methods and most of all for your fairness, integrity and humility. You don't make any statements about yourself, your abilities or the great finds you have made. You let the detectors speak for themselves with very little "influencer" commentary. How a detector performs in your testing is clear and obvious.

I want to personally thank you for the fair minded, no BS approach you took with Nokta when urging them to include user accessible iron filter settings. That turned an excellent detector into a worthy top of the line detector that really can do it all comfortably now. 

I have been sort of watching the Versa "drama" a little. I get tired of the "Reality TV" aspects of some US based review influencers pretty quick. I have not watched your Versa videos yet but I will soon.

Some of the latest detectors are so feature rich and good that it is jarring when they don't work perfectly right out of the box for new users and reviewers who then try to find an online manual that may or may not originally be in English and may or may not be for the same software version as the detector in hand. That is just the way it is now.

Thank you for keeping it real, fair, honest and for being brutally honest when you need to. The metal detecting community seriously needs reviewers like you.

Yes, exactly what Jeff said.