Rcdigs Deus 2 Rc Mount Review

F350 --

Your points on the galvanic corrosion potential were well-taken.  I will ponder this.

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 2

image.thumb.jpg.78a2e383fc5c4b635554fab7ae7b49bc.jpgI bought one of these for my remote to use on the stock D2 shaft and I think it’s great. I can use this setup for both 11” and 9” coils, but I also have a collapsible straight CF shaft that I use primarily with the 9” coil and using the WS6 puck controller. This little rig is Uber lightweight and like 22” long collapsed, which fits into a backpack as a single piece- coil shaft attached. I think this shaft was $90. eBay 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

image.thumb.jpg.78a2e383fc5c4b635554fab7ae7b49bc.jpgI bought one of these for my remote to use on the stock D2 shaft and I think it’s great. I can use this setup for both 11” and 9” coils, but I also have a collapsible straight CF shaft that I use primarily with the 9” coil and using the WS6 puck controller. This little rig is Uber lightweight and like 22” long collapsed, which fits into a backpack as a single piece- coil shaft attached. I think this shaft was $90. eBay 

That looks like a nice one, got a link?

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:
8 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Expand  

That shaft is actually a Golden Mask product, and I have had my eye on it for a couple of years.

There is an adapter so you can mount the Deus like the Deus2, but it must be purchased separately.

I recommend intercepting a Golden Mask dealer in your area.

9 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I’ll see if I can copy/ paste a link - I’ve never done that and I do everything on my iPhone- I don’t have a computer. I’ll put in in manually if I have to. 

1 hour ago, Skull diver said:

That shaft is actually a Golden Mask product, and I have had my eye on it for a couple of years.

There is an adapter so you can mount the Deus like the Deus2, but it must be purchased separately.

I recommend intercepting a Golden Mask dealer in your area.

Correct- I had to buy the puck adapter and replace what it came with. Seller was just a name and was from E. Europe. 

• Like 1

I took a chance buying it that it would work out and it has worked out better than I even imagined. 

image.thumb.jpg.71033f993633b8a5e0a613ec03e18a24.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.af72e73a1402c3b39fc9beb9f139b101.jpg

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

As expected I ran into trouble trying to copy/ paste the link so here is a screen shot of the XP Deus “ Carbon Stick “ seller has poor feedback, but I didn’t have any issues. I’m only using it with the 9” coil, but it could handle the 11”

( I know you’re a fan of the 11”x13”)  who  knows how that would work out, it’s perfect for the niner. It came with a stand but I put my own on.  In any case I like it a lot. If you want the best quality, you know where to get it ( Steves)

Anyway, Here’s a couple pics. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

Anyway, Here’s a couple pics. 

Thanks Mr. Meister,

That's a beauty. 🙂 Right now I'm cool with what I have, hopefully a link can be found and posted here 🤔 does the nice looking cuff with legs come with it?

20 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Mr. Meister,

That's a beauty. 🙂 Right now I'm cool with what I have, hopefully a link can be found and posted here 🤔 does the nice looking cuff with legs come with it?

The cuff does, and there was a stand that came with it, but I misplaced it. I used something I had laying around for the stand you see.  

What I like about the RCdigs RC mount is that  1.  no worries about losing the remote 2. The ability to tilt 3. Offers good protection of RC 4. Remote comes out easily to use it wrist mounted. 5. Nicest piece of 3-D printing I’ve ever seen. I think it also makes for easier attaching of the antenna for water detecting. 

• Like 2