Rcdigs Deus 2 Rc Mount Review

2 hours ago, Skull diver said:

I will soon have to solve the same problem to use Ws6 with the jack adapter (I should buy the Ws4 mount).

The more I look at the original clip, the more I think of using a threaded rivet to fit inside the clip on the rod and a thin plate as a washer, to close with a flat head screw under the Ws6.

That way the clip attachment would just be to hold the whole thing in the correct position, but the real fastening would be at the screw

I'm thinking a couple of small 316 stainless steel screws straight through the WS4 puck holder into the mount (might use a small stainless washer on each) would work well. I don't think I'll be using the Detecting Doodads mount for anything else now. 🤔 But that means I need another shaft 🤣 And probably another 9" coil. 😬

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say a few words of praise about the RCdigs mount.

After at least six dives, I confirm the initial impressions of the solidity and ease of installation.

It was enough to take care of the hardware with petroleum jelly and the whole thing unscrews very easily in case of maintenance.

I should add that the antenna cable tunnel, in perfect position, allowed me to mount on the remote its clip avoiding the strange, tight end bend.

I finally use the D2 underwater without any worries.

8 hours ago, Skull diver said:

I want to say a few words of praise about the RCdigs mount.

After at least six dives, I confirm the initial impressions of the solidity and ease of installation.

It was enough to take care of the hardware with petroleum jelly and the whole thing unscrews very easily in case of maintenance.

I should add that the antenna cable tunnel, in perfect position, allowed me to mount on the remote its clip avoiding the strange, tight end bend.

I finally use the D2 underwater without any worries.

Thanks Skull_Diver,

I know of a few divers here that would beat the hell out of the mount totally submersed, and I've been waiting for a comment from you. 👍 Hopefully it will stand the test of time, that is yet to be seen. 

I'm not going to go to those extremes but it's going to get beat up in the fields and beaches all year, so I'll continue to update this and also my comments on the @steveg version which I'll be using even more. So far so good!