Minelab GPX 5000 Discontinued In U.S. ?

I asked here and it's not discontinued.

Maybe the US distributor just stopped importing it due to the Axiom and very low sales volume? 

4 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You and Rob have both mentioned this. Yet it is apparently still made and sold in Australia? What the ???????

I was going to ask this the other day.  I did notice that there were only two dealers selling these on Ebay.

6 minutes ago, Swegin said:

Who did you ask?

The dealer.  They've dropped the new packages down to a single coil though, no longer the two coil package.

• Like 1

Fort Bedford metal detectors claims they have the last GPX 5000's Minelab will be producing. Yet the 5000 is still on Minelabs website. Very confusing.

Pretty bad move guess the used 5000 s   Will go up in value  maybe they got mad over all the ones who modify  it and make it better   Feels sour 

I think it's crazy to discontinue a detector they have no alternative for, the 6000 is NOT a replacement for the 5000, they're very different detectors, and the GPZ is not a replacement for the 5000.  

The closest replacement for the 5000 on the market is the Axiom, it's the only other more general-purpose PI with some discrimination and configured in such a way to find coins, the GPX even has a coin and relic timing which is particularly good around here.  I can't imagine anyone using a 6000 to find coins.

The 5000 is a great beach detector, the 7000 and 6000 wouldn't be my choice for beach detecting.

If they kill off the 5000 they're handing that segment of the market over to Garrett with their Axiom and ATX and with the pending release of a Nokta PI which I have a hunch will be geared towards everyone not just prospectors then they're leaving a big hole in Minelab's lineup that competitors will love.

• Like 5

My Minelab spy told me a couple years ago that Plexus stopped making the PCB's for the 5000 when Covid hit so no actual new 5000's have been assembled since 2020. All they are selling is old stock. Once they are all gone, there will be no more. Unless a big new gold rush happens and demand dictates new manufacture of an older, discounted detector.....unlikely.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Oh my! 2