Minelab GPX 5000 Discontinued In U.S. ?

13 minutes ago, Aureous said:

My Minelab spy told me a couple years ago that Plexus stopped making the PCB's for the 5000 when Covid hit so no actual new 5000's have been assembled since 2020.

I wonder if that is way Minelab USA wanted $2100 for the 5000 pcb.   It's packed up and going to be shipped to Mick in a day or so.

• Like 1

That's sad. One of the best, if not the best and most versatile machines made. 🤔 That's probably the real reason to discontinue it 😅. Who knows why, but now I'm mad that I didn't but another GPX battery when one was available for sale on here. 😖 Hopefully the after market will still have some available, but I agree the price may go up. You wanna see panic.... discontinue the GPX 5000 and the GPZ 7000 and tell everyone they can now just buy a 6000 for all their nugget needs. 😲

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

They just raised the price of the 5000 by $1000 in Australia, why bother if it was discontinued?

To milk the very last drop out of it  😔

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Those of us who have held on to our 5000s might actually see some appreciation in the next few years!

• Like 3

On 1/26/2024 at 12:09 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

That's sad. One of the best, if not the best and most versatile machines made. 🤔 That's probably the real reason to discontinue it 😅. Who knows why, but now I'm mad that I didn't but another GPX battery when one was available for sale on here. 😖 Hopefully the after market will still have some available, but I agree the price may go up. You wanna see panic.... discontinue the GPX 5000 and the GPZ 7000 and tell everyone they can now just buy a 6000 for all their nugget needs. 😲

You can repack your own pretty easily if you ever need to, or if you don't have confidence any electronics repair shop will do it for you and it sure won't cost much, they're highly overpriced and it's not difficult to go the lithium alternatives, I wouldn't be too worried about batteries.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Something we ALL tend to forget.

We are dealing with "Electronics Industry"

And what's the Golden Rule that all consumers of Electronics have had to live with since day one of modern manufacturing and sales ! ???

Your Electronic gadget whatever it may be "cameras, detectors, blenders, etc.

Will be obsolete by the time you finish paying for it 👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣So,...... Thank goodness we have had the opportunity to buy/own some of these ol relics of the detecting world.

I know I've always loved the 3500 & 4500 models with aftermkts. Coils. They've done everything I ever wanted or expected for me as far as performance. I owned multiple models of each.

"Electronics" spelled backwards is "What's New Today" 👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

But some things are like a good, used 4Runner.  They keep running and running.  New is not always necessary.

• Like 4

I wonder if this is why Minelab released the 6000 earlier than may have been advised with some early problems, knowing the 5000 was going away.