AlgoForce E1500

1 minute ago, jasong said:

When I first read this I assumed the TID was accomplished through kicking into a VLF mode when you press the pinpoint button. But since they are just mono coils, that seems impossible too. So this must be some brand new PI-based conductive discrim then? Interesting. 

Read that

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still would love to see a true gold machine with discrimination, like a 6k with reliable target ID at depth. And for a third of the price, even better!

The scope of this new one might be more directed towards relic, coin and beach hunting. A great profile and at a very good price! I should have waited with buying the Manticore...

GC 

11 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Just curious. If mono in general detects better than DD, and if you can get discrimination with a mono coil, what is it that a person needs a heavier DD coil for?

algoforce-e1500-detector.jpg

EMI is the main reason for me anyway along with ground handling.

Since I like to use PIs for coin, jewelry and relic hunting, that is not always done at sites with little or no EMI. Just the opposite. Having a DD/Cancel option eliminates most of the EMI and does a good job of eliminating/discriminating smaller trash targets when I am concentrating on bigger coin/jewerly/relic targets.

It might be quite good with EMI.

Frequency Scan Automatic and Manual (Visual representation of noise levels across all frequencies in one graph for easy manual frequency selection)

I like it has manual frequency selection.  I don't always trust auto to do the job right.  Even on the 5000 I do a auto scan then adjust manually and I can ALWAYS get it better than auto and this makes it easier with a visual representation of noise levels on the screen.

13 hours ago, Ndplumr said:

When a company does the right thing, only when their hand is forced, isn't all that appealing to a lot of people.

Minelab should have done the right thing in the first place instead of being totally money hungry & greedily mining the miners & crippling detectors & customers for want of a few more coil options. Thank god for X coils. Hopefully Minelab have finally shoot themselves in the foot with their chip BS, over priced products & total lack of customer communications involvement. I wish this new kid on the block all the success they deserve. They are real people who have listened to the customers wants & needs & are delivering. Customer communication isn't rocket science. Give them what they want & in a friendly manner & not over priced can only be a winner.

The bottom line though is going to be how the detector really performs.  Small gold won't tick the box for every one & hopefully the GPX 6000 has left some behind. The 6000 is a vacuum cleaner on small gold.

D4G

17 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

EMI is the main reason for me anyway along with ground handling.

Since I like to use PIs for coin, jewelry and relic hunting, that is not always done at sites with little or no EMI. Just the opposite. Having a DD/Cancel option eliminates most of the EMI and does a good job of eliminating/discriminating smaller trash targets when I am concentrating on bigger coin/jewerly/relic targets.

Got ya. I guess it just remains to be seen if that is a problem that needs a solution.

Just now, Steve Herschbach said:

Got ya. I guess it just remains to be seen if that is a problem that needs a solution.

I have personally been a problem looking for a solution all my life! So it doesn't surprise me that my metal detecting tendencies mirror that. 

31 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

What machines/coils are they using.

D4G

New thread please. Refer to zillions of threads about old SD GP and GPX modded machines and GPZ 7000 threads, some quite recent. There are plenty of deep seeking options but this thread is for people interested in this detector, not whatever Minelab it is that you all are wanting.