Garrett Storm?

It will be interesting to see what actually comes out. Hopefully at a reasonable price.

My guess is that it will be a submersible SMF priced around the 900. Features will be:

1) A beautiful, color, landscape oriented (yay!) screen with a very intuitive and simple to use interface.

2) Made of ultralight, but strong materials.

3) A feature that will make it stand out from the SMF crowd. The feature will sound great in advertisements, but will be kind of gimmicky in practice.

4) SMF range will be from 2 khz to 100 khz. The SMF weighting will be selectable and customizable. There will also be 8 selectable single frequencies ranging from 2 khz to 100 khz.

4) Some sort of AI integration (see #3) 🙂

Ya, that cell phone on a stick thing needs to stop.

Other than the landscape orientation of the Apex screen that I adore, I'm not sure what I find so appealing about it. It seems to have greater contrast and sharpness, compared to any other detector screens that I've seen. Also, this probably won't make sense, but the image is much more at the surface of the screen, compared to other screens.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2024 at 12:23 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Good to see that the designer is given credit right on the front...eh @Geotech??? 😉 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Good to see that the designer is given credit right on the front...eh @Geotech??? 😉 

I thought it shared GPX 6000 DNA, with the shovel being so close to the coil.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Aureous said:

LMAO, I like that the coil appears to have a metallic housing. I would design it with vibranium, besides being durable it does not support eddy currents so is not detected.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Maybe the "Duck Dynasty" guy could give me some tips on relic hunting with whatever it will be. Oh my! 🙃😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's basically confirmed, the Storm is the AT Pro replacement, coming this year too.

ATPROREPLACEMENT.jpg.5c029124f3aafe1a0de5e964ad788211.jpg

See Garrett's reply to someone asking when the AT Pro replacement is coming above. 

I've already started saving for it, it won't be cheap in NZ.

420280378_738961481720598_3913114327775275229_n.jpg.039d52ca900826c30447a9d697e2bdda.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1