Early Field Review Of AlgoForce E1500

16 hours ago, Ndplumr said:

I look at it as an affordable option to get into newer tech PI, with more coil options than most others. My guess is that was the makers goal. If it can even closely compete with a machine twice it's price, that only sweetens the deal, but should not be expected.  Just my thoughts on it. Looking forward to seeing more testing by experienced users. We all appreciate your efforts. 

A lot of relic hunters looking closer too. What I'm waiting to see also is, with a usb programmable option, what sort of software upgrades/updates will be available. Eg..Could you have a deep package, a beach package..etc...just with the software, then the individual adjustments on the machine.

Looking forward  to users giving field reviews.

• Like 2

Im looking at $2850 ish Aussie with a 12" nf and powerbank.

$8999 for a 6000 and $4500 Sdc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done any target testing against the 6000? I liked the one chart on Prospecting Australia, but have not seen any other small target test comparisons. I would like to do a test comparison using 0.05 gm 0.10 gm & 1.0 gm bits when I finally get a Eforce here in the states. This seems like a good size for testing its fast timing constants. Maybe I need to put WTB Eforce in the classified add, and hope someone decides to part with one, highly unlikely from the reports coming in. LOL

• Like 3

On 2/14/2024 at 7:52 PM, Whatsthetime said:

Very good post mate, but what do you mean by .....manual ground grab.....

Regards Fred

Looking back to the beginning, all good gold detectors had to have some form of ground balance - it was initially done manually by turning one or two pots, and then Minelab came out with Tracking, but the initial ground balance or Reset, like on the GT16000 was also automatic (as opposed to turning knobs), and generally faster than the slower "tracking" ground balance. At some point it was all just referred to as Auto Ground Balance, and Minelab tried to differentiate the two by calling the initial faster balance a Quick Trak. Quick Trak was trademarked, so only Minelab could use that term, so I may be wrong but I think the term GRAB first appeared on some US made detectors - basically another name for the fast auto balance or ground balance reset, (not to be confused with continual tracking).

Any method of ground balance requires you to pump the coil, but the differences are:

Turning knobs or pressing +/- keypads = Manual

Push button = Auto

Ground balance automatically updated as you are sweeping = Tracking

So the AlgoForce has an auto ground balance or you could call it a ground grab - same feature, different name. 

• Like 4

Yeah maybe should refer to it as fixed or tracking, as auto is like you say opposed to turning knobs.

10 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

Looking back to the beginning, all good gold detectors had to have some form of ground balance - it was initially done manually by turning one or two pots, and then Minelab came out with Tracking, but the initial ground balance or Reset, like on the GT16000 was also automatic (as opposed to turning knobs), and generally faster than the slower "tracking" ground balance. At some point it was all just referred to as Auto Ground Balance, and Minelab tried to differentiate the two by calling the initial faster balance a Quick Trak. Quick Trak was trademarked, so only Minelab could use that term, so I may be wrong but I think the term GRAB first appeared on some US made detectors - basically another name for the fast auto balance or ground balance reset, (not to be confused with continual tracking).

Any method of ground balance requires you to pump the coil, but the differences are:

Turning knobs or pressing +/- keypads = Manual

Push button = Auto

Ground balance automatically updated as you are sweeping = Tracking

So the AlgoForce has an auto ground balance or you could call it a ground grab - same feature, different name. 

Thanks for that, I understand the GRAB now