Deep Gold Detector’s Our Outdated Or Discontinued

GPZ 7000 & GPX 5000 The best deep gold detectors to date are 9 & 14 years old now and still no replacement for them yet, not sure why they would wait so long and keep pushing the technology towards the opposite of large deep gold detection. Even the competition is following this direction.

And now the GPX 5000 is going away.

• Like 2

They could just release bigger coils for the 7000, it works really well with bigger coils than they've produced.  Even their approved aftermarket coils tap out at 17x13", when the stock coil is 14x13' so it's not really much to add, the 19" heavy thing being their best bigger deep gold coil, they could lighten that up significantly to make it more appealing.  There is plenty they could do, instead they'll just try prevent others from doing it even when they have no intentions of doing so.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

GPZ The best detector to date is 9 years old now and still no replacement for it yet, not sure why they would wait so long and keep pushing the technology towards the opposite of large deep gold detection. Even the competition is following this direction.

And now the GPX 5000 is going away.

Hi. I may have got what you mean wrong. Apologies if I have.

Here in Oz the 7 is a great machine. But to many the 5000 has not been surpassed especially with the newer gen coils. Dont be fooled by the fine gold mode, id have named it with the new flats the "freak gold mode".

Iv seen enough real in bad ground goes to convince me that if I had just 1 choice here where I am, can't speak for you or guys where you are, just 1 choice of a detector with a few coils and my life depends on it. Im putting my here they come responses hat to protect me "well kiss your bu.... goodbye" "See ya, been nice knowing you" "your gone mate, by".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Here in Oz the 7 is a great machine. But to many the 5000 has not been surpassed especially with the newer gen coils. Dont be fooled by the fine gold mode, id have named it with the new flats the "freak gold mode".

After reading your post I went back and added the 5000 because I agree it’s an amazing detector especially for deep solid bits. 

You would think Minelab would not let this legacy go unless they have a replacement coming soon,. Maybe, once they empty there Aussie warehouse of their last 5000, surprise the new release is here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

They could just release bigger coils for the 7000, it works really well with bigger coils than they've produced.  Even their approved aftermarket coils tap out at 17x13", when the stock coil is 14x13' so it's not really much to add, the 19" heavy thing being their best bigger deep gold coil, they could lighten that up significantly to make it more appealing.  There is plenty they could do, instead they'll just try prevent others from doing it even when they have no intentions of doing so.

It’s truly amazing that Minelab has put the GPZ replacement on hold for so long. The longer they wait the more money there losing, especially when everyone is able to buy non Minelab approved coils for the GPZ 7000.

Just release the GPZ replacement with the coils people want and then they can call it their true flagship detector.

• Like 4

I personally think it is a huge mistake to do away with both the Gpx5000 & Gpx4500.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Prickly Prospector said:

So is the 5000 discontinued, and just selling new old stock!?

Or just not being sold US and low production? 

Anyone got a definite please?

Dave.

The North America has sold all their inventory on the GPX 5000 with no replacements coming. Aussies our selling a one coil option package now, but someone on this forum mentioned once they are gone no replacement there also.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

The North America has sold all their inventory on the GPX 5000 with no replacements coming. Aussies our selling a one coil option package now, but someone on this forum mentioned once they are gone no replacement there also.

Cheers, been hearing the same. 

I just can't find anything official that says discontinued manufacturing?

27 minutes ago, Prickly Prospector said:

Cheers, been hearing the same. 

I just can't find anything official that says discontinued manufacturing?

That's because I don't think it is, I just think the US importer decided they don't sell well enough to justify importing them.  You don't make an entire new box with a single coil to sell off old stock, you'd sell it how it is, not repackage it in new packaging and the costs associated with that.

• Like 1