AlgoForce E-1500, Is It A Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Zip-a-dee-a? I Think So.

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

Plenty of the people on this forum don't even need one, when armed with both a 6000 and a 7000 unless you're using it for something other than gold prospecting it's not going to offer you that much.  If you have a 7000 it offers a bit, and for anyone with an earlier GPX it offers quite a lot, and also shares coils with it, a great thing to get for those people.

The real winners are those new to prospecting wanting to buy a PI, they get a great unit an affordable price and don't have to feel like they're missing out by not having to sell a kidney on the black market for body parts to buy a Minelab.

Simon,  I feel if you are comparing performance of the 6000, the 7000 and the E-1500, then you are 100% correct and for those who already own them, they'll be happy with what they already have.

Here are a couple reasons why I think the E-1500 will beat out the 6000/7000 and you already shown us. 

EMI and Power Lines - I personally have 4 sites I hunt and try my best to get as close to those power lines as possible.  I have yet to get decent performance out of my other detectors because of the power lines.  2 of those sites have produced multi ounces pieces, so you know where I'll be heading when time comes with an E-1500.  I also know guys in AZ who try to detect gold in or around the military facilities and EMI is serious.  Sure you can dumb down the detector, but then depth is compromised to a point, a VLF could be used, but the hot rocks make that extremely hard.

The E-1500 Digital readout system.  That one feature right there will allow me to hunt some of the hand placer mining of old and also tailing piles.  Both have more trash than many can handle with a traditional 6000 or 7000.  Those high dollar detectors, even though has top performance, are lacking any potential target identification help.  Again, you have shown me enough to realize the importance of this feature.  Sure it's not 100%, no machine is.  But my last few years of gold recovery, most ounces recovered has been with ID detectors or with the aid of such, to save me time and energy. 

Having the option of a Pulse Induction detector to handle hot rocks and has a form of target ID is right down my alley.

The guys who enjoy fishing as their favorite hobby, have at least 4 different rods.  Heck, I don't even fish as often now, but still, have my 3 heavy duty sturgeon rods, 2 ultra light crappie rigs, my 2 Steelhead and Salmon poles, 2 bass outfits, and 3 trout rods.  I have another 3 or 4 fly fishing rods. Other favorite hobbies we enjoy with multiple tools, guns.  We won't even go there, but the bucks some folks drop on the various weapons, is eye opening to some.

I actually feel many folks who already own a 6000 and or even 7000, will certainly want the E-1500.  If anything, just for price point and having someone come along and join them, they can hand them an E-1500.

Even as we are patiently waiting, some of the guys on my list for an E-1500 already have the 6000 or 7000 and a couple own both.

I totally agree 100% with your last part of post and the new prospectors getting into a PI.  I also see many previous customers swinging VLF type detectors now wanting to step up.  They don't have to try and chase down a half worn out and heavy GPX-4500 for $1500 and then hope there are no issues with it.  The E-1500 easily fits that bill as well.  Sure a good running 4500 will find a bigger solid placer nugget a little deeper, but as been mentioned many times over, those are now the rare finds.  We've been hunting those areas with capable depth/power PI's for 30 yrs.

I get your point though as you are letting folks know, this price point PI is not going to match overall depth of a 6000 or 7000.  I don't expect that either, especially for the price point.  We'll have to wait for the E-2500 model and then we could be doing some serious overall comparisons.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Well said Phrunt! And I sure hope they will establish themselves as a big player one day.

GC

It could easily be AlgoForce who is the next big name.  Just think in Spring 2026 the E-2500 for $2500.  If such happens, if?  It could be a detector with GPX-6000 or GPZ-7000 depth capabilities.  At least we are now being provided an option from a company that was silent a month ago, at least I had never heard of.

• Like 3

Yep, this is just the start and what a start it is.    Thinking further, 6000 owners will appreciate the E1500's hot rock handling, it's EMI handling, they don't need to throw on some crazy 14" DD coil and maybe they'll find a use for the Target ID's for prospecting, if not for general use they are great.

7000 owners will be appreciating its light weight, super light weight I should say, ability to run a zillion coils of all shapes and sizes that the GPZ severely lacks so they will benefit greatly in areas where they couldn't even get their coil to the soil.

There are likely plenty more reasons too, I'm just learning it now, I haven't even experimented with big coils and bigger target depths, and switching into the normal or large gold modes.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think if litigation was a problem, it would rear its ugly head in Australia, it's an Australian made detector and just down the road from Minelab HQ, it's not from some far away land where they have no control of the situation So, being concerned it won't make it into the US for this reason like Quest is doing is a non-issue.

It's not a non-issue if someone decides to engage whether it is in Australia or the US.  It took a long while for ML to engage Nokta on the Legend.  The Legend had been on the street for well over a year.  If it involves US patents, remember that ML went after DISTRIBUTORS not just the manufacturers.  That puts a deep chill on things.  I think it's rather naive to think that ML is just going to sit around and let this happen, whether or not there is a legitimate case.  The fact that a former ML design employee is involved makes the issue complicated.  That employee should know the boundaries of where ML IP stops and what he totally owns, but that doesn't stop someone from alleging an untoward IP situation and throwing a monkey wrench into distribution until the courts get it sorted.  All the while someone is happily continuing to sell their product while the other guy has an injunction against selling theirs.  It's not about winning or being right, it's about stalling sales.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

It's not a non-issue if ML decides to engage whether its in Australia or the US.  It took a long while for ML to engage Nokta on the Legend.  The Legend had been on the street for well over a year.

yep, was more pointing out they don't need to be like Quest and avoid the US in case the legal stuff happens, as they're already selling in the home land of Minelab so if it was going to happen anywhere it would be there.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, phrunt said:

yep, was more pointing out they don't need to be like Quest and avoid the US in case the legal stuff happens, as they're already selling in the home land of Minelab so if it was going to happen anywhere it would be there.  

Gotcha.  It just came across as totally dismissing the issue.  

Also, regarding the FCC certification.  There should be no real technical issues, it's just cost and time to get the certification.  If a bluetooth radio were involved, that wouldn't actually make it any more complicated as long as was complying to industry standards and using existing approved chipsets vs. some proprietary wireless.  It's really the magnetic field emissions and whatever is being thrown out by the CPU in the control box.  All pretty straightforward and easy to comply with, it just that someone has to actually do the testing, document it, and submit it then you get to wait for the FCC to get around to approving it.  Time and money.  I know you know all this, Simon, being an electronics tech professional.  Really just a red tape compliance issue than a technical hurdle.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tony said:

The Empire will strike back........

That's Bruce Candy putting a death grip on the E1500.

The AlgoForce is strong with this one.

Angry Darth.jpg

Of course Minelab will strike back, that's a given.  But will it be price decrease, same technology in different better ergonomic housing, or a totally new detector aiming at the E-1500?

I think AlgoForce already expected it and that's exactly why their offering it for so much less.  Heck, many of us would pay $500 more or possibly up to US $2500?  So AlgoForce makes sure if Minelab does a machine close to it, they really have to price it accordingly and that's exactly why they (AlgoForce) went lower.  It really makes it hard for Minelab to just do a quick price drop or old technology new housing.  I'm just guessing, but let's say Minelab dropped they current price of the SDC-2300 from US $3400 to $2400.  That $1000 difference and I'm willing to bet it would hardly move any additional inventory or slow down the folks desiring the new E-1500.  Minelab realizes a $2400 SDC-2300 won't cut it.  Do they skip the $2400 and offer it at $1900?  That's then becomes $1500 off current $3400 price. I still don't see it stopping folks from wanting the E-1500.  Do folks all of a sudden want to get an SDC-2300 for $1900?  Not if it only has the one coil option?

Then you have Garrett and the Axiom.  In my personal opinion, way over prices at $3999.  Do they drop it to $2499 or $1999?  What do I think the sales at $2499 of an Axiom?  Ho hum.  If they want to move some units and get steam, $1999 would be a good price as it does have more capabilities than E-1500.

If all works out, we as end users will get more options and better price points.  That's a win/win to me and my customers.

• Like 6

GC I`ll send my E1500 over coz I think it`s maybe going to put the SDC to bed in your wild ground, send it over when it`s not busy that is..... and like the Axiom with its fixed GB option and other controls it has the 6K beaten in some circumstances and sneaking up on the Z also with a 12 Evo. Mono coils are so much lighter for old codgers, whilst the E1500 is no slouch, just a caution low price may be too good to be maintained once the cost of CP is factored in. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Norvic said:

GC I`ll send my E1500 over coz I think it`s maybe going to put the SDC to bed in your wild ground, send it over when it`s not busy that is..... and like the Axiom with its fixed GB option and other controls it has the 6K beaten in some circumstances and sneaking up on the Z also with a 12 Evo. Mono coils are so much lighter for old codgers, whilst the E1500 is no slouch, just a caution low price may be too good to be maintained once the cost of CP is factored in. 

It might be different in Australian soils as the SDC-2300 could??? be smoother than E-1500, but at what price difference is it worth it?  Our US soils for much of the areas are not as bad.

Your last part of above does worry me.  How long can this go on of the initial price we were informed, before a price increase?  Heck, maybe that's exactly what they are planning on doing?  Get a big wave of momentum and many people chatting about such a great value detector and then 6 months later they add a 25% price increase?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I can see Minelab rolling out a sub $3K model.....before the AlgoForce builds further momentum.

Something in a Manticore style body. A prototype is probably under a dusty sheet somewhere and the propeller heads might have to act. The E1500 has the SDC 2300 in a head lock......and further AlgoForce models might have the higher end Minelab models in their cross hairs.

I also have the latest crystal ball model MK2.........and the tea leaves in the bottom of my cup are very interesting.

• Like 3