AlgoForce E-1500, Is It A Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Zip-a-dee-a? I Think So.

2 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

You already walking on thin ice....Please don't get me in trouble.

I have absolutely zero.  That's how many are in the box.  Noice try though. 😏

Well that would be silly to leave them in the box! I'll let you keep it classified information for now 😂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Not sure about you guys in the USA but down under this way, there's a heck of a lot of SDC2300's suddenly for sale.

I think it's RIP to the SDC2300....it's not like anyone bought it for its water proof rating.

Minelab will counter-attack this year........I'm sure of it.

I'm also sure that no one at Minelab is singing Zip-a-dee-doo-dah 🤣

I've been watching the used PI market and I think it's going to get ugly later this summer, could be sooner.

Now I do like the idea of an SDC-2300 packed inside a Manticore housing and shaft for $1700.  Boy would that hurt E-1500 steam train.

Minelab singing?  Only if it's "The best days are behind us".  Actually, they have a few ways to play this. They offer so many Coin/Relic machines as well, so I'm not sure they're going anywhere soon.

Now they could something from this and totally adjust prices accordingly and sell many more detectors. Time will tell. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Now I do like the idea of an SDC-2300 packed inside a Manticore housing and shaft for $1700.  Boy would that hurt E-1500 steam train.

That would indeed be the killer, Gerry. But with the same robust shaft that the SDC is currently having, and collapsible/light weight please. And keep those MPF timings, and perhaps add a few options (i.e. manual/sa GB). Would gladly pay the original MRP and some extra. 🙂 Oh, and I would buy a second first gen. one too, just in case 🙂

RIP in my backpack, SDC. But get ready, you won't be dead in my book. Not for a long time. My 6k and 7k would hate to loose a good (and extremely valuable) friend.🤠

GC

• Like 2

Well said Phrunt! And I sure hope they will establish themselves as a big player one day.

GC

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think if litigation was a problem, it would rear its ugly head in Australia, it's an Australian made detector and just down the road from Minelab HQ, it's not from some far land where they have no control of the situation  So, being concerned it won't make it into the US for this reason like Quest is doing is a non-issue.

Perhaps the reason it doesn't have ground tracking doing the automatic adjustments is for this very reason, it is tracking the ground, you can see it on the screen, it just doesn't do the process for you.  No big deal, and for me I prefer it this way.  This is just me speculating of course.

Without the Bluetooth transmitter and battery included some of the hurdles have already been overcome, so the FCC testing shouldn't be too brutal.

Plenty of the people on this forum don't even need one, when armed with both a 6000 and a 7000 unless you're using it for something other than gold prospecting it's not going to offer you that much.  If you have a 7000 it offers a bit, and for anyone with an earlier GPX it offers quite a lot, and also shares coils with it, a great thing to get for those people.

The real winners are those new to prospecting wanting to buy a PI, they get a great unit an affordable price and don't have to feel like they're missing out by not having to sell a kidney on the black market for body parts to buy a Minelab.

Only reason I will be picking one of these up is because I can choose the coils I want to use instead of being locked in to the six Garrett has put out for the axiom, if Garrett would come out with a few more coils for the Axiom or someone come out with a selection of coils, I most likely would not even be considering purchasing this new E1500 but it is what it is, my Axiom is not going any where either way in fact I will have my kids bury me with all my detectors in the casket LOL at least the ones I like, cause I do not have anyone to leave them too when I am gone so may as well carry them to the pearly gates with me.

• Like 1

The Empire will strike back........

That's Bruce Candy putting a death grip on the E1500.

The AlgoForce is strong with this one.

Angry Darth.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tony said:

Not sure about you guys in the USA but down under this way, there's a heck of a lot of SDC2300's suddenly for sale.

I think it's RIP to the SDC2300....it's not like anyone bought it for its water proof rating.

Minelab will counter-attack this year........I'm sure of it.

I'm also sure that no one at Minelab is singing Zip-a-dee-doo-dah 🤣

What I want to know is how well the E1500 compares to the SDC in difficult ground and hot rocks, from what I've seen so far, I'm very impressed, having never used an SDC though, I don't know.  I also don't have the worst of the worst conditions to test it in, although I've done my best to use the worst of the conditions I have at hand and it has surprised me thus far.   My last remaining test area is black sand beaches, I have some confidence though it will do OK.

• Like 3

Would be interesting to compare indeed. I might come across as overly enthusiastic about the SDC, but in certain situations it is just performing exceedingly well, better than any other detector I own. But as I said, it is a specialized detector with rather narrow scope.

GC

• Like 2

Better then suffering from the Heartbreak of Psoriasis!😬