AlgoForce E-1500, Is It A Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Zip-a-dee-a? I Think So.

8 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

It could easily be AlgoForce who is the next big name.  Just think in Spring 2026 the E-2500 for $2500.  If such happens, if?  It could be a detector with GPX-6000 or GPZ-7000 depth capabilities.  At least we are now being provided an option from a company that was silent a month ago, at least I had never heard of.

I hope they call the next generation E1500 the E1600, that way I can get the detectors for $1,500 & $1,600 🙃and still be able to use the interchangeable coils and battery systems. When backpacking in the outback all I would need to do is bring one detector with two pods, then switch out the pod when going for smaller gold and vice-versa for deeper gold detection. This Algoforce has so much potential to expand.  

Currently most top end Pulse Induction detectors such as GPX 6000, GPZ 7000, SDC 2300,  Axiom, Garrett ATX, have no interchangeability with coils or shaft systems., so if Algoforce can bring back the good ole days of SD/GP/GPX interchangeable components, then zippy do da. All the way. 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Norvic said:

GC I`ll send my E1500 over coz I think it`s maybe going to put the SDC to bed in your wild ground, send it over when it`s not busy that is..... and like the Axiom with its fixed GB option and other controls it has the 6K beaten in some circumstances and sneaking up on the Z also with a 12 Evo. Mono coils are so much lighter for old codgers, whilst the E1500 is no slouch, just a caution low price may be too good to be maintained once the cost of CP is factored in. 

I wonder if you're right, that the E1500 is going to punch the SDC2300 in the face, it looks like it from my hot rock and bad ground testing so far, although I've not used an SDC before it's doing better than other detectors I have used, I'm balancing out crazy hot rocks in its ultra fine gold mode.

• Like 1

Algoforce still isn't showing up on the FCC website. Unless it's under some different name?

That makes me wonder though - Minelab's FCC testing and permits generally only pertain to the Bluetooth and/or wifi frequency emissions, and not the metal detector itself. I'm guessing because the bt/wifi stuff is regulated frequency bands while a PI detector operates in unregulated bands?

If that's the case, I'm wondering what exactly Algoforce is waiting on the FCC to test for in the US since it doesn't have Bluetooth included, thus nothing to test for? I must not be seeing the whole picture. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I wonder if you're right, that the E1500 is going to punch the SDC2300 in the face, it looks like it from my hot rock and bad ground testing so far, although I've not used an SDC before it's doing better than other detectors I have used, I'm balancing out crazy hot rocks in its ultra fine gold mode.

JWs got a SDC hasn`t he, give it a go, you`ll probably be pleasantly surprised with its performance (not its ergonomics) and be able to reckon how it performs in comparison with the E1500 on your ground. 

On 2/15/2024 at 1:47 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Now I do like the idea of an SDC-2300 packed inside a Manticore housing and shaft for $1700.

A few years back I spoke with the Australian Minelab CEO at the Codan stand (Avalon air show) He said they were looking into the feasibility of fitting SDC internals into a traditional style detector housing. (I assume the circuit board would be too large and need to be re-made to fit.) That never came to fruition but who knows, maybe the groundwork has been done and they could get it to market before AlgoForce does too much damage. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Norvic said:

GC I`ll send my E1500 over coz

Better, I come over and bring the SDC. Then we discuss this matter over espresso 🙂

• Like 1

It's just that I like the robust and foldable design, combined with the MPF timings. The SDC is a tank compared to the rather flimsy 6k, and at times I need something for the rough 🙂 No doubt the Algo is a great machine, and I will get my hands on one for sure. But will it replace the SDC entirely, I doubt it. The 6/7k did neither. Is the Algo as tough as the SDC, that you can throw down the canyon when you need both hands to hike down? Doesn't look like it, but I don't own one yet so I could be wrong. As Gerry said, the right tool for the task.

GC

• Like 2

He

1 hour ago, Gold Catcher said:

It's just that I like the robust and foldable design, combined with the MPF timings. The SDC is a tank compared to the rather flimsy 6k, and at times I need something for the rough 🙂 No doubt the Algo is a great machine, and I will get my hands on one for sure. But will it replace the SDC entirely, I doubt it. The 6/7k did neither. Is the Algo as tough as the SDC, that you can throw down the canyon when you need both hands to hike down? Doesn't look like it, but I don't own one yet so I could be wrong. As Gerry said, the right tool for the task.

GC

Hey I don`t knock the SDC, I really think Phrunt should grab JWs and av a go, find out for himself. Blinkers and preconceived ideas are just not the go in this hobby. The biggest asset to have is positivity and you have it in spades with the the SDC and why not. I`m impressed as with the E1500 and look forward to you giving it a swing, I have reservations it`ll replace the SDC for you but that`s because for me the Z and 6K were the go, my modded SDC was only used by visitors, I preferred the Z than the 6K. But as you know I try em all, coz I can, the E1500 is getting a good work out as the Axiom did.

• Like 1

I think we should stay away from making direct performance comparisons, and rather point out the advantages of each detector. We all have our reasons why we like a certain detector over the other, and in what particular situation. The price point, the coil availability, target ID/GB meter, all that makes the Algo unique and interesting, and I will get one for sure. I don't have any preconceived ideas, other than to say that I like the sturdy design of the SDC, which makes it equally unique for this reason, something I have not seen for any other detector. Generally, I won't throw away any of my detectors, unless they are completely redundant. And maybe not even then for sentimental reasons.:) However, If I had to keep just one it would the GPZ without a doubt. With all the criticism for many good reasons, ML got us all here where we are now. And as much as I hope that Algo will be the next big player with an exciting emerging product line, as much I wish that ML will solve its current challenges and continue to deliver fantastic new detectors, as it has done so over the past decades.

GC  

• Like 6

Personally we compare detectors, publicly yes we should avoid comparing but we do. ML probably already have a near auto Z out there in the hands of testers, not to counter the E1500 but because that`s what they do and have done since their inception. Knockers of ML haven`t had their fortunes made by ML detectors or they wouldn`t be knockers.  Fortunes not necessarily of monetary value. GC I was generalizing when I posted preconceived, slowly learning not too myself.😉

• Like 2