AlgoForce E-1500, Is It A Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Zip-a-dee-a? I Think So.

24 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah zip-a-dee-a.
My oh my, what a wonderful day.

https://youtu.be/zDePvXpYhzA?si=1hV5JYM9muHOwM8x

What’s that mean you ask?

Gerry is Happy….and most of you should be too.

Finally, we have a quality PI detector at an affordable price point.

Finally, we have a team of people working for AlgoForce that are listening to the consumer.

Finally, we have a PI detector without $500, $1000, $1500 coils, we get to use 100+ different coil options many of us already own.

Finally, we don’t have to pay $100, $150 and $200 for a spare battery.

Finally, we don’t have to buy brand specific headphones that are overpriced and not even durable for metal detecting needs.

Who wants to add some Zip-a-dee-doo-dah zip-a-dee-a? 

It’s going to be happy times for so many.

It's very promising, Gerry, I'll give you that, but strictly from a technical and performance standpoint.  However, as a pragmatist, I'll refrain from singing zippity-do-dah until it becomes widely available to USA users at the advertised AUS price point.  There are significant hurdles to that still need to be overcome and questions that need answering including inventory, supply chain, and distribution struggles, US regulator certifications, overseas demand and the ever present threat of potential litigation from industry intimidators (whether or not "they" have has a case is immaterial, USA distribution simply opens the door on this possibility (see Quest V60/80 series)), etc.  Until those hurdles are addressed and put aside, then it is basically a very promising unicorn with an uncertain arrival.  Better than the Nokta PI promises at this point, but as the Quest rollout demonstrated, USA distribution is not out of the woods.  Rooting for them, most definitely, but concerned whether they will be able to gain a stable foothold here in the US.  Once that happens, then sure, I'll sing a song.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

39 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah

Is there something your trying to tell us? How many do you have in stock? 😂 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Not sure about you guys in the USA but down under this way, there's a heck of a lot of SDC2300's suddenly for sale.

I think it's RIP to the SDC2300....it's not like anyone bought it for its water proof rating.

Minelab will counter-attack this year........I'm sure of it.

I'm also sure that no one at Minelab is singing Zip-a-dee-doo-dah 🤣

Hopefully by that time there will be thousands of the E1500s in peoples hands and Mine Lab wont be getting that money LOL

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

It's very promising, Gerry, I'll give you that, but strictly from a technical and performance standpoint.  However, as a pragmatist, I'll refrain from singing zippity-do-dah until it becomes widely available to USA users at the advertised AUS price point.  There are significant hurdles to that still need to be overcome and questions that need answering including inventory, supply chain, and distribution struggles, US regulator certifications, overseas demand and the ever present threat of potential litigation from industry intimidators (whether or not "they" have has a case is immaterial, USA distribution simply opens the door on this possibility (see Quest V60/80 series)), etc.  Until those hurdles are addressed and put aside, then it is basically a very promising unicorn with an uncertain arrival.  Better than the Nokta PI promises at this point, but as the Quest rollout demonstrated, USA distribution is not out of the woods.  Rooting for them, most definitely, but concerned whether they will be able to gain a stable foothold here in the US.  Once that happens, then sure, I'll sing a song.

Well you dirty rotten trying to ruin my day....SOB.  You are not stealing my chocolate heart and I don't care what day it is.

You are 100% spot on my friend.  Those are real genuine questions and concerns.  It could be like some of the other manufactures and we in the USA not see it for a year?  Heck, it and all the yippie is earning right now, could fizzle out with a storm of issues?  Heck, it could be the best April Fools on us, that been pulled in years.  Now that would be Tops. if so.

My crystal ball is not seeing it my friend and even though I have crappy batteries in my crystal ball, I can see enough pieces of this puzzle coming together, so be it, in another country.  Open communication, taking advice, new software downloads, well known gold hunters using the product and not having all the issues a few of the others of past have had.  I just think this machine is so well thought out.

But your points and input is of concern and I have no issues with you mentioning.

In the meantime, I'm going to skip down the yellow brick road.  Golden baby,

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lead Detector said:

Is there something your trying to tell us? How many do you have in stock? 😂 

You already walking on thin ice....Please don't get me in trouble.

I have absolutely zero.  That's how many are in the box.  Nice try though. 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

In the meantime, I'm going to skip down the yellow brick road.  Golden baby,

:laugh:.  I'm not gonna stop you.  Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.  Now for my rendition of, "If I were king of the forest...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1