Second Hand AlgoForce For Sale Already !

It's a shame you found it fiddly to change coils on, takes a few seconds longer than a GPX shaft as you do have to line it up and as I've pointed out you can just put a GPX lower shaft onto it if that really bothers someone.  I don't find it all that hard, but I've changed coils a whole lot of times now so had a lot of experience doing it.  I'm guessing the SDC is easier to change coils on?

There is absolutely no cable bump noise where it enters the controller on mine, I hope you didn't have a faulty coil, detector or perhaps you didn't do the cable up tight enough, if secure the contacts can't move thereby causing a bump noise, this goes on every detector.  I can make my GPZ and GPX have bump noise if I don't do the cable up tight.  Also, the cable noise of it being detected by the coil is a positive for sensitivity of the detector, not a negative and with the coils you were using on it I'm very surprised you had much of a problem with this as they're not sensitive enough to even experience it, the Sadie only responds if the coil cable near touches the coil, not when it's secured on the shaft as it should be and the large coils shouldn't pose a problem there.  

It's always good to have multiple points of views on any product, whether good or bad. Not every detector, and coil are going to have the same exact performance as the next. I believe there are just way too many variables for that to happen. I for one appreciate the OP sharing his experience and views with this new detector.  The more people that share, will ultimately create a better data base for future buyers to reference, so they can have an idea what to expect.

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm guessing the SDC is easier to change coils on?

Well, it's not designed to have coils swapped, so that would probably be a no or yes?  I don't know, but you certainly do, Simon.  Though it can be done and third parties sell an adapter shoe to facilitate easier changeout of third party compatible Coiltek coils.

Pioneer can confirm this, but I suspect, as he stated, that the ability to swap coils was one reason why he was interested in the E1500 in the first place (over the SDC 2300), as he could then use it for small or large gold hunting depending on the coil and then he could get rid of the SDC and possibly also his Gold Monster.  So I am assuming he was using the installed stock SDC coil.  Perhaps investing in the coil swap capability for the SDC via the adapter accessory would be the right alternative to the solution he was originally pursuing with the E1500.

Even if all the things you addressed, Simon, regarding coil changeout ease and coil cables etc. could be satisfactorily addressed, I think these were less signficant issues and it was the lack of operational automation that really determined that it just wasn't a good fit for Pioneer.  He is trying to vacuum up as much gold as he can on a daily basis to make a living and is simply more comfortable with machines that don't need to be tweaked for optimal performance, like the Gold Monster and SDC 2300 (both of which he owns) and perhaps even the GPX 6000 would be in that category, but is out of financial reach.

It was good to hear his perspective first hand and even better that he took the time to feed his thoughts back to the company even after he knew the machine was not going to work out for his situation.  Also glad he chimed in here and hope to hear from him again regarding his experiences pursuing gold.

Quote: "The main issue is it costs me gold. I've gone over the same ground using my SDC2300 and found pieces the E1500 missed"

I think ultimately he felt the E1500 didn't perform as well as his SDC. Whether or not he worked the ground properly or even had enough time to get to know the 1500 properly is hard to say, but when you already have a detector that you feel works better there's little point in keeping the other.

E1500 is just another tool in the box, still has some cool new features though. The best thing is we got some competition in the market place now and that’s what’s been needed for a long time, especially at the price point it’s offered at.

Is that Simon back when he had a real job??

25 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Is that Simon back when he had a real job??

Very close, except it would be a KFC bucket, I never did fancy popcorn much 🙂

My employer genuinely did bribe me with buckets of KFC to take on overtime or work back late when necessary, paid of course, but the KFC was the clincher 🙂

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Very close, except it would be a KFC bucket, I never did fancy popcorn much 🙂

My employer genuinely did bribe me with buckets of KFC to take on overtime or work back late when necessary, paid of course, but the KFC was the clincher 🙂

KFC perfect.  :laugh:  For me it would be Taco Bell - same parent company. :laugh::ohmy:

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

KFC perfect.  :laugh:  For me it would be Taco Bell - same parent company. :laugh::ohmy:

The Colonel, Taco's, had his finger in a few things then. Apparently he had something to do with our Aussie meat pies too!

jukbsgodr0i21.png.d4a390821a13ed1745594a640971e1c0.png