AlgoForce Coils...... Bundled Or Spiral?

17 minutes ago, Taz said:

Im with you on the rounds any day. Never been a fan of elliptical coils for that same reason, depth. 

Same here, rounds any day. Before the 6000 I only had 2 elliptical coils, the Sadie and 14x9" coiltek.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Im with you on the rounds any day. Never been a fan of elliptical coils for that same reason, depth. 

Yes true rounds for use when you can swing, ellipticals being tops around rocks in creeks or pushing through the long tropical grass after the wet where I prospect, 'linear prospecting' ie. no swinging motion just pushing along the ground through the grass on the ridges, usually following wild horse trails. Just very good to have the E1500 that uses our choice of coils for our ground from a big range made by the aftermarket folks.

• Like 3

Sadie and 14x9" EVO were the pick of the bunch there, no surprises.

The video did a good job of showing the weakness of the 4500 on prickly gold as a bit that size the 4500 would normally give a good signal on, yet that bit next to nothing, he should have put the little bit closer to the coil on the Algo like he did on the 4500 though, that would have been a good demonstration.

It does demonstrate ground that's only had the older GPX series over it there is hope for an Algo to pick up some gold missed.

• Like 3

Sure shows how good that Sadie although bundle wound is up against the Evo 14x9 Spiral wound, my use I believe the 12EVO round would hit target even better and at more depth, I only have the Sadie and the 12EVO Round for the E1500 plus am going by field use, gold undug and no side x side comparison thus nothing concrete just my judgement call in the field. 

Great test vid, that 11' ML Mono was my choice of small coil back in those GP on right through to the GPX (not 6K) days. Yes it was then a small coil, mostly swung the 18" ML then along came the Z and WOW.

IMG_0038(2023_08_1414_12_19UTC).thumb.JPG.19f3581123a02f24a11bd7381533139a.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Norvic said:

then along came the Z and WOW.

Awesome, Norvic! Now that's a pic! Right there is probably what the Z cost, and then something.... Just curios, was this found with the DOD stock or with the 15CC? I know you guys have mild soil, just wondering how you see DOD vs CC/spiral wrt to depth.

GC

GC. Nah all found with MLs 14 DoD, found pre X coil days, the center 'Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser' will buy a couple of Zs now, I`ll look for a better photo of it and as a Trekkie you`ll see the D7 albeit 'golden one'. No doubt the X coil spirals were a big jump for the Z, they opened many new patches, with their superior depth and sensitivity to sub grammers at amazing depths. That is the reason I went for a 12"Evolution round Spiral for the E1500, although I think it is a wee behind the 12" round spiral X coil on the Z, the E1500 impresses me big time driving that coil especially at its massive weight advantage. Tis old fella friendly😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The BIG part of the appeal of the Algoforce for me was the ability to run GPX coils, hands down this is a very attractive feature of the detector, there are so many great GPX coils out there, and I already had plenty of them.  It's the problem I see with some other detectors, starting a coil collection all over again, and the costs associated with that.   For me at least, seeing I already had coils the detector ended up very cheap for what it is. 

I have a 12" spiral X-coil, I haven't even tried that on it yet other than calibrating it, sounds like you're really liking your 12" NF spiral Norvic, I should give my X-coil a fair go, I did like that coil on my 4500.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Norvic said:

Sure shows how good that Sadie although bundle wound is up against the Evo 14x9 Spiral wound, my use I believe the 12EVO round would hit target even better and at more depth, I only have the Sadie and the 12EVO Round for the E1500 plus am going by field use, gold undug and no side x side comparison thus nothing concrete just my judgement call in the field. 

Not on video, but comparing the 14x9 and 12" round, the 14x9" has a very slight edge in signal sharpness on stuff under 0.1g, but the 12" Evo starts to show better depth once targets start to go bigger than about half a gram. On a 5c coin, I was getting nearly 2cm better depth with the 12 round. The 12" round is also much less reactive to hot rocks compared to the Sadie. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

the center 'Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser'

I can clearly see that. You decloaked it with the Z 😁🖖

• Haha 2