Where Are All The In-field Reviews Of The E1500???

Hey Bootscrape i'm from southern vic.

Just on the topic of coils/depth, being a ex avionics and controls techie we need to remember that our detectors are fundamentaly transievers, that is they transmit a rf signal then recieve the bounce back. This means that another factor that influences depth is how much power is avaliable to be transmitted. The electronics and batteries of our detectors are relatively small which will limit available power if you want the battery to last most of the day, also they are sublet to the Inverse Square Law of Physics as well there are restrictions and limits placed by the Radio and Communications Act. I see depth as being controlled  by power transmitted, coil size and construction, frequency of the transmitted signal and the type of soil mineralisation. At the end of the what seems to really count is what works for you, experience and actually walking over the stuff. Sorry for the techie stuff.

• Like 3

So Olly, as you being a ex electronics techie, I’m curious to know what detector/s you are experienced with if any and if so what attracted you towards this new gold PI gold detector? For me it was definitely the weight factor and it’s

edit: just reread your post and saw mention of the 4500... doh.

• Like 1

I have had the 3500, 4000 and currently the 4500 which I have had for a long time now. I'm 69 now so hopefully the lighter weight will stil keep me activley enjoying being out there, as such I'm not so concerned that it won't measure up to some of the other minelab machines.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ollygold said:

I have had the 3500, 4000 and currently the 4500 which I have had for a long time now. I'm 69 now so hopefully the lighter weight will stil keep me activley enjoying being out there, as such I'm not so concerned that it won't measure up to some of the other minelab machines.

You'll start to find some smaller gold you previously missed, that's for sure.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

You'll start to find some smaller gold you previously missed, that's for sure.

I agree with phrunt that you'll definitely find smaller pieces, with the E1500 that the 4500 has missed. 

9 hours ago, Ollygold said:

The lighter weight will be a blessing, but the extra sensitivity means you'll be up and down a lot more recovering those small previously undetected targets. I'm 60 and that's what knock's me around. Seems to be a long way down there these days, I'm doing a lot more grunting and groaning than I used to. LOL 😆 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Tell me about it NK, don`t think we age taller, but it seems we have to go a lot higher to get up after a dig 😉. The sensitivity of the E1500 will be much appreciated by 4500 & 5000 users, especially if they have spiral coils already in their kit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is probably off topic, so apologies, but I’ve just turned 75 and I know how my body struggles with the things we used to take for granted. Such as hiking all over the hills and gullies lugging all our gear and digging hard packed ground for the prized stuff.

Being on the tools for 40 plus years as a mechanic has left a legacy of repetitive strain pain to elbow and hands, so I had to find ways to keep my body going to still be able to get out and swing a detector. So it was a no brainer for me to invest in the E1500.

I have also found incredible benefits from using a pull-up bar everyday to perform what is termed a “dead hang” for as long as I can hold on. At present about 3 minutes. This dead hanging decompressed the spine, strengthens and stretches the shoulders and increases your grip strength considerably. 

As a result off doing this daily for the last couple of years I no longer have the aching pain in my elbows, wrists and shoulders after a longish 3–4 hour hunt.

For those with the “jelly leg” syndrome (Simon) or those who have trouble getting up and down, then you should be trying to perform at least 30 full leg squats every day or so.This will improve your leg strength considerably. Even make pooping in the bush a breeze.💩

Anyone with other pearls of wisdom please chime in. (Maybe in a new topic... Steve?)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nedkelly said:

The lighter weight will be a blessing, but the extra sensitivity means you'll be up and down a lot more recovering those small previously undetected targets.

That settles it i don't want one now I get up and down enough as it is LOL

Sorry I could not resist that one, I still want one 😁😁🤣🤣

• Haha 6