If I were a betting man, I'd bet your assumption will be pretty accurate 

• Like 6

Steve I'd say your assessment of the above is pretty spot on. I have a few of those machines and have seen most of the others in field right along side the ones I use. Not having seen of used the E1500, I still think your assessment is accurate. Companies price products the way they do for a reason and I wouldn't expect a 2k PI to outperform a 6k or even a 4k PI.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Now the big question hanging over it is benefits outside of prospecting with its Target Id's, how beneficial is that going to be in parkland and beach settings, for me so far, it's looking good.

A second big question is how useful this will be in really trashy areas of the motherlode. It has potential here to do what more expensive machines cannot

• Like 4

• The title was changed to AlgoForce E1500 Vs The Rest

You're on the right track there Ron, you can open up a whole market of new customers with it, and bring people in that otherwise wouldn't bother due to the crazy high pricing of the gold prospecting suitable machines.

It's basically what the QED tried to do in Australia, the Algo is capable of doing it properly with a more professionally built detector.

Think of it like the Equinox, plenty were swinging that, the Vanquish came out for cheaper, still pretty damn good but not at Equinox level, so Equinox owners had no need to buy one yet the Vanquish opened up near to in many situations Equinox performance at a far cheaper price, people could find a reasonable percentage of Equinox targets while spending less money.

The Vanquish became a good seller, not everyone wants to or has a fortune to spend on their hobby.  This is where I see the E1500 sitting, and for this reason it will become a good seller, that's a given, maybe not too many of the prospectors on this forum as they tend to be the high end buyers that already have the best, but the general market the E1500 is going to be a hit.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

Get it out in the fields where it will compete to some users with the rest on a number of fronts... ergonomics, coil availability and its GB 'ability', it has something different there in that it stays stable with less GBing  for a sensitive detector. Certainly as shown already not all users are going to go for it, a fixed GB machine is perhaps not for all those who prefer a tracking machine, at this stage that and not being wireless are two 'negatives' if one forgets price. It`s replaced the Axiom and SDC in my arsenal on my ground but not the Z and 6K and that`s not price influenced. I love swinging it as I suspect a lot will, but not everybody.

The stable ground balance is the most impressive thing for me. I'm certainly not ground balancing as much as I would have expected in hot variable ground with a sensitive detector. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2