A Good Video On Research

One of Two Toes older videos that is worth watching 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

He is one of the most knowledgeable gold miners on YouTube, and one of the most educational one to watch for river prospecting. One of the key points: look for gold where gold was found before.

GC

• Like 1

Just now, Gold Catcher said:

He is one of the most knowledgeable gold miners on YouTube. One of the key points: look for gold where gold was found before.

GC

He is probably my favorite YouTuber. Always has good info and knowledge to share.

• Like 1

"Look for gold where gold has been found before." That is the number one key to someone starting out in their search for gold. Takes out a lot of guess work with a higher chance of finding something. Research is definitely required for places to go. 

Gary "two toes" has to be one of the best on you tube. Very down to earth, no ego or over inflated BS & explains it all so simply & with great tips & hints. Shares many home made methods of making equipment & gear he users. I have followed him for years.

Nice to revisit this video. Thanks Gold Catcher.

D4G

• Like 2

Thanks, I'd not seen that video and it makes a lot of sense, good tips in it, sadly the Chinese hit many places around here hard, and it sounds like they were extremely efficient miners not leaving much behind, except perhaps their ancient coin family heirloom lucky charm.

1419414164_IMG_20200110.jpg.8cf1c35f3de009b03de4f28907ebd855.jpg

276300677_IMG_20200110.jpg.5b784842657644bb18bd104f7c1fdba1.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, phrunt said:

谢谢,我没有看过那个视频,它很有意义,里面有很好的提示,可悲的是中国人对这里的很多地方都造成了很大的打击,听起来他们是非常高效的矿工,没有留下太多东西,除了他们古老的硬币家族传家宝幸运符。

1419414164_IMG_20200110.jpg.8cf1c35f3de009b03de4f28907ebd855.jpg

276300677_IMG_20200110.jpg.5b784842657644bb18bd104f7c1fdba1.jpg

开元通宝 ! 唐朝钱币

• Like 1

Yep, K'ai Yuan T'ung Pao, was a Tang dynasty cash coin that was produced from 621 under the reign of Emperor Gaozu and remained in production for most of the Tang dynasty until 907.

What a coin that old was doing in a creek in New Zealand I don't know, I assumed hanging around the neck of a gold miner, seeing the Chinese miners worked the creek.  He possibly got it hooked on something and broke it.

19 hours ago, phrunt said:

sadly the Chinese hit many places around here hard, and it sounds like they were extremely efficient miners not leaving much behind, except perhaps their ancient coin family heirloom lucky charm.

Why sadly? Isn't the name of the game to be as efficient as you can & hopefully leave very little to nothing behind.  After all, it was their livelihood. The Chinese were very methodical & thorough & worked together very efficiently & made claims left behind by European miners pay. That is why they were a bit/lot despised.

Talking of Chinese miners in NZ it Looks like your mate put this link up on our local forum the other day.

https://community.paydirt.co.nz/t/history-of-chinese-gold-miners-in-otago/8270

D4G

5 hours ago, dig4gold said:

Why sadly? Isn't the name of the game to be as efficient as you can & hopefully leave very little to nothing behind.  After all, it was their livelihood. The Chinese were very methodical & thorough & worked together very efficiently & made claims left behind by European miners pay. That is why they were a bit/lot despised.

Thanks for the link, a cool video! I can't believe such a great video has had so little views, been there since 2020 and only 97 views.    I think I watched a little bit of that video when I went to that museum.  I wonder if the museums might be interested in my Chinese coin, being that its so incredibly old they might want to put it on display.  I'd be happy to give it to them.

Sadly because they were so good at it they left little for someone like me to find 🙂  Good on the Chinese miners for being so good at what they did, I would prefer they were not so good though! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1