Wish I had time to hit some of the farms around me, but I am glad to know that you are out there saving our history.

When I get back to the states I am going to try to hit at least one good place, but for now I just have to stick it out a little longer in Australia. I think that the bug zappers that we use in the states are causing reincarnation of flies and other bugs down here. That is the only explanation I have for all the bugs here.

Good luck and stay safe on your next hunt. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Wish I had time to hit some of the farms around me, but I am glad to know that you are out there saving our history.

When I get back to the states I am going to try to hit at least one good place, but for now I just have to stick it out a little longer in Australia. I think that the bug zappers that we use in the states are causing reincarnation of flies and other bugs down here. That is the only explanation I have for all the bugs here.

Good luck and stay safe on your next hunt. 

Thanks VL,

It wasn't a big deal for sure, but it told me that Chase and I found most of the stuff. I'm glad I got one more thing.

Again I was pressed for time, not only rain but a guy stopped by with his Equinox 800 with a 15" coil wanting me to show him how to use it. 🙄

I told him this field was not for an inexperienced user, not only to keep him from nighthawking it, but also that the 15 was way too big. I showed him a few things but I think it was going in one ear and out the other. 😀 

Sorry about the bugs, they'll all be waiting for you here when you get back. A lot of them hatched out here this past week 😵

• Like 1

It's kinda like the biggest fish in the lake. When you catch it , there is still the biggest fish in the lake.

Even after you and Chase have scoured the place....there's always gonna be more ! LOL 🤔

Do they all get turned over in the fall ? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

It's kinda like the biggest fish in the lake. When you catch it , there is still the biggest fish in the lake.

Even after you and Chase have scoured the place....there's always gonna be more ! LOL 🤔

Do they all get turned over in the fall ? 

It's kind of exciting this year, the farmer mentioned he's going to "rip" the fields, he said the "ripper" digs 14 inches down.

Remains to be seen, most farmers don't do it because of regulations. 🤔

If so, I'll find out just what the "never hunted out" myth is all about. I have lots of places that are hunted out.

• Like 3

I've been searching the various dirt roads here , that are all very soft right now. Rain moving in as I type. Mud is better than ice so I'm good. 

I don't think I'll have enough time to cover the whole fairgrounds before moving on. I just clocked a couple more hours on it though.   Still have the perimeter trail and .......so much more.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2024 at 2:22 PM, rvpopeye said:

I've been searching the various dirt roads here , that are all very soft right now. Rain moving in as I type. Mud is better than ice so I'm good. 

I don't think I'll have enough time to cover the whole fairgrounds before moving on. I just clocked a couple more hours on it though.   Still have the perimeter trail and .......so much more.

It's funny how a place you think isn't all that big is... Well, big. 😵 Some of the "small" places I'm hunting still can't be covered in a short time. 😀 

I'm lucky to have the proximity and time, I usually won't detect until 2 days after a rain.

• Like 2

So, were you using Tekkna or relic when you found the stud?

6 minutes ago, Geologyhound said:

So, were you using Tekkna or relic when you found the stud?

Tekkna. I don't think I would have found it with Relic, Tekkna falses much less. It was in the trashiest spot.

I run Reactivity at 2 usually because the response is so fast, and 3 tends to miss stuff that is deeper.

The decorated top of that stud is tiny!

• Like 1