New Tv Series - America's Backyard Gold With Dave Turin

15 minutes ago, jasong said:

He was out working that Marble Rock prospect or whatever people call it in NV with a mini ex for some TV show that wasn't this one, I was ATV'ing around and saw the machine down in the pit then someone said he was set up next to them at the RV park.

That show never make it to TV, or what happened to it?

I was hoping to see what kind of gold they got out of there - I'm positive that's an old tongue of a paleoplacer, lots of boulders in that whole area for miles that aren't coming from the mountain there, and I've never known or met the owners to see what type of gold comes out of that place, I suspect it's river worn gold and not the local area crystalline stuff? Woulda liked to see more there just for knowledge sake. I love searching for those old river channels. 

If I'm not mistaken that was one of the areas he was looking to mine for his past show that he quit. The guys name was Jason Sanchez or something like that. He was digging with the excavator and pulling some nice nuggets but to actually mine they needed water which wasn't available. I might be able to find one of the scenes on the internet & post it here for you. I will look.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

If I'm not mistaken that was one of the areas he was looking to mine for his past show that he quit. The guys name was Jason Sanchez or something like that. He was digging with the excavator and pulling some nice nuggets but to actually mine they needed water which wasn't available. I might be able to find one of the scenes on the internet & post it here for you. I will look.

Was it this show? Dave Turns Lost Mines

I would have access to it if I knew the episode.

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Was it this show? Dave Turns Lost Mines

I would have access to it if I knew the episode.

Yep. Dave is attempting to sell his Alaska claims & all equipment for somewhere around one million dollars from what I am hearing. His attempt to mine in Alaska with his hand picked crew ended in failure. He is about 64 or 65 yrs old & said he was done with gold mining. Looks like he is now going to do some smaller stuff on TV. 

Ah yep, that must have been the show, the Lost Mines one, and I think Sanchez sounds familiar in terms of last names of whoever owned that when I looked it up a while back but I can't remember exactly. 

15 minutes ago, jasong said:

Ah yep, that must have been the show, the Lost Mines one, and I think Sanchez sounds familiar in terms of last names of whoever owned that when I looked it up a while back but I can't remember exactly. 

Here it is. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jasong said:

I wonder if Sanchez still owns that claim. If it's for sale I might be interested in partnering with some people if it proved out. He owns a bar somewhere in Montana as well. Maybe I can hunt him up.

Thanks, hmm I'll have to look and see if they ever made a full episode out there. 

Man those guys really shoulda hired someone like me or Lunk or any of Gerry's crew to go help them detect that place for a day. 😅 I had my X Coils with me even, which at the time I believe were the only ones in the US, they coulda made tv haha. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

I wonder if Sanchez still owns that claim. If it's for sale I might be interested in partnering with some people if it proved out. He owns a bar somewhere in Montana as well. Maybe I can hunt him up.

Eh, I bet you could find better. I think that's just a part of an old channel that probably pops up other places too. Though, looking at that big nugget - if it really did come out of there - it seems likely to be locally derived, not nearly as water worn as I woulda guessed and bears crystalline structure remanants. 

It's just basically this little chunk of gravel up on a hill. It'd be mined out quick IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jasong said:

Eh, I bet you could find better. I think that's just a part of an old channel that probably pops up other places too. Though, looking at that big nugget - if it really did come out of there - it seems likely to be locally derived, not nearly as water worn as I woulda guess and bears crystalline structure remanants. 

It's just basically this little chunk of gravel up on a hill. It'd be mined out quick IMO. 

My wife thinks they use the same pans of gold over & over on the Gold Rush shows LOL.

Could be hah! Hard to know. I'd guess that nugget in specific came from the general area though at some point. That whole area is detected to death about like Rye Patch though these days I think. Especially now if they put a big map on Discovery channel haha, I didn't know that. 

*Wait, I just looked at that map. Hahaha never mind. 😁