Axiom Coil Bolt Update - Now Available Online

On 3/24/2024 at 8:34 AM, CarsonChris said:

I like to be prepared when I go into the field. I always carry extra coil bolts and washers. Does anyone have a link to where these can be purchased?  Trying to look them up all I can find are Garrett AT series bolts and washers. 

Please let us know what the price is you are quoted, I know what I was quoted by Rusty, hope you are not shocked like I was

$33.99 per set is what Rusty quoted me I about choked on my Coffee LOL

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Bolt is the same as White's coil bolt but the White's is just a bit too short, only grabs about a turn of thread. Is some kind of 3/8" coarse thread.

Whites_bolt.thumb.jpg.06d24f8a098c1fcc28a49990711a3dc9.jpg

toilet-seat_bolt.thumb.JPG.607b6f4bf03c6ed87fa91faf157e8fed.JPG

Here's another possible option which works in the field if you can just get to a hardware store:  Top photo shows the factory White's bolt and nut.  Bottom is a toilet seat bolt and nut -- 3/8-16 plastic (nylon) size.  Note:  some toilet seats use a larger 7/16 diameter bolt.  (I don't know what the standard is in the rest of the world, but wouldn't be surprised if a similar solution exists with metric sizes.)

You can see in the second photo that the White's coil bracket hole is just slightly undersized such that the non-threaded shank of the toilet seat bolt won't quite fit.  You could file or sand down the bolt pretty easily, and at least for the White's coils the 2 1/2 inch length leaves plenty of room to add the nut even if you don't go that extra step.

As to whether this works for the Axiom, IDK, but you could take the coil to the hardware store to find out.  Cost is ballpark $1.00 to $1.50 if I remember correctly.  They should have 3/8 plastic washers, too.  Here's an example of a pair from Menards (midwest big box lumber/hardware store similar to Lowes and Home Depot):

Menards_bolt.png.857edc52385bd072ef9bcb7c63ed3517.png

• Like 3

On 3/25/2024 at 2:05 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

No wonder they don't offer them for sale then.

Needless to say I sure did not purchase any extras, and am grateful Rusty through in an extra one

I did also ask Rusty if he was serious and he kind of Chuckled and said yep they are proud of those three little parts LOL

On 3/25/2024 at 10:33 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, but it is crazy to wait until one breaks or more likely gets lost, then to have to call and try and get one while being without a bolt. Any smart nugget hunter will want to buy a spare in case it gets lost, and there are those of use who like having a spare lower rod mounted on spare coils for quick and easy swapping. No lower rods anywhere that I can see either, though they might be more than people want to spend. Anyway, forwarding all this to Garrett as if they want to sell Axioms to nugget hunters they need to make it easier to buy spare parts. Another one would be the arm cuff.

I ended up making a Velcro strap for the arm cuff that fits my forearm plus it was made with elastic so it will stretch some if I need to wear a jacket. 

Garrett has always treated me good with any issue I've had. It would be nice if they did have these items readily available though. Great customer care leads to more sales and brand loyalty. 

• Like 4

On 3/24/2024 at 8:34 AM, CarsonChris said:

I like to be prepared when I go into the field. I always carry extra coil bolts and washers. Does anyone have a link to where these can be purchased?  Trying to look them up all I can find are Garrett AT series bolts and washers. 

This was my experience. 

6 hours ago, The Lama said:

They are 10.99 on the website

What is $10.99 on the website ???

If you are talking about the coil bolt and two rubber washers for the Axiom, those three parts are not listed on the Garrett Web site

6 hours ago, DSMITH said:

What is $10.99 on the website ???

If you are talking about the coil bolt and two rubber washers for the Axiom, those three parts are not listed on the Garrett Web site

Coil bolt and two washers really are for sale at Garrett.com for $10.99.  Thanks Lama!!!

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Axiom Coil Bolt Update - Now Available Online

bout time Garrett came into reality

just placed an order for two sets and the shipping from Texas to Arizona $12, which is pretty high shipping fees for two little items that could be placed in a letter sized envelope, and mailed to someone one state over.

I looked online in Garrett Direct yesterday and could not find those parts no where on the Garrett Direct site

Thanks for posting the Link @Steve Herschbach appreciate it