Does The F19 Just Use One Coil Rubber Washer?

10 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

There is no confusion for me. The F19 lower shaft has indents on both sides for washers and comes with two. I doubt that FTP manufactures those washers. They probably source them and perfect fit is obviously not happening currently. I would rather slightly stress the 10x5 coil ears with rubber on both sides than have rubber on one side and have hard plastic vs hard plastic with no cushion on the other side. 

So, you're saying their GBP manual is wrong as it clearly states just to use one? The F19 manual doesn't specify, it doesn't even show you need a washer 🙂

I think you're right, two seems best, but odd their manuals are so strange on the topic.

The same washers are at the local hardware store, in red colour in the plumbing section, the ones with my F19 were black.

I don’t own a Gold Bug Pro. Never have and I haven’t read that detector’s manual. On my present and former F19s and Tek G2s the lower shaft by itself with no washers was usually a tight fit. I have always just sanded the lower shaft and washers until they fit the coil ears snugly. 

I put captions of the manual at the start of the post for a reason, as most wouldn't have read or remembered the manual. 

A company can't expect buyers to sand and adjust their lower shaft and washers to fit 🙂

I’ve done it on Nokta Makro, FTP and Whites detectors when using their own and aftermarket coils.