Does The Manticore Need Another Update

I think I am ready to try out the Manticore and retire my 800, to those that have tried and tested your machine do you feel that you would like to see a software tweak ? Like to know what you would like to see and the reasoning behind it. From what I can make out the last update has resolved any issues that were there so is it now perfect !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still using version one , and can see no need to update !

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chesroy said:

From what I can make out the last update has resolved any issues that were there so is it now perfect !

Exactly....I'd never touch anything on the machine and I would keep it like it is now.

Do you know what? I just need a clock 🤣

Yes, the device needs a new update to solve the problem. It reached the highest sensitivity of 30-35 without any problems, according to what the company said. The device reaches levels of sensitivity that are very low.

I was happy staying on the old version.  Until, I needed to use the M8 to hunt for small gold nuggets.  The update is kind of a must for that, I think.  So I've been using the update for awhile.

I don't have anything in particular I'd like to see "fixed" in an update.  And that is essentially all an update is to ML, a bug fix.  They don't seem interested in adding features with updates.  I really wish the pinpoint volume could be adjusted independently though.  And a mineralization meter.  Not holding my breath for anything at all though.  Would not surprise me to never see another Manticore update of any kind.  Just how ML rolls..

- Dave

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hydan said:

Yes, the device needs a new update to solve the problem. It reached the highest sensitivity of 30-35 without any problems, according to what the company said. The device reaches levels of sensitivity that are very low.

How many hours have you used the Manticore?

2 hours ago, Hydan said:

Just depends on the ground you are on . I have some beaches here that I use up to 32 sens , this goes deep . Others I can only use up to 24 , the ground is the key .  Gold detecting is more limited with sens between 21 -24 usually , with the odd quiet area 27 is usable .  I am totally happy with this machine , it has made all my other detectors redundant .

The only thing I would like to see is a tightening of the TID of zinc pennies. I'm currently digging them anywhere between 43-65. This is too broad and wide for a single item. Other than that I'm ok with it. 

On 5/7/2024 at 5:28 AM, UT Dave said:

I was happy staying on the old version.  Until, I needed to use the M8 to hunt for small gold nuggets.  The update is kind of a must for that, I think.  So I've been using the update for awhile.

I don't have anything in particular I'd like to see "fixed" in an update.  And that is essentially all an update is to ML, a bug fix.  They don't seem interested in adding features with updates.  I really wish the pinpoint volume could be adjusted independently though.  And a mineralization meter.  Not holding my breath for anything at all though.  Would not surprise me to never see another Manticore update of any kind.  Just how ML rolls..

- Dave

Yea i feel the same too.. no more Manticore update..  If one day Minelab decide to put a priice on a feature add on like Mineralizations meter with colour graph for USD99, pinpoint volume control for USD15.. would you buy it? I would.. lol .. because for me the Manticore has satisfied my hunger/questions regarding vlf and be done with vlf. I dont think I would buy another vlf furthermore I need maybe another 2 years to truly master the Manticore  .. now waiting for Nokta relics PI and see whats it all about

• Like 1