Manticore M9 9" Coil

I think I would have a hard time switching from my M15 to this coil for water hunting. Don't want to give up that coverage, and it doesn't bother me to swing the 15. Gonna stick with the big boy.

9 hours ago, Skull diver said:

Will I be able to wait for a 10x5"?...It should have been a better shot if not having the M8 yet... We'll see🤔

As much as I'd like to see one too, it's probably not coming.  Certainly not from Minelab and there hasn't been any indication Coiltek is going to jump in and supply Manticore coils and with the M9 wedged in there, there is little incentive for a 3rd party to invest in something that is so close to the M8 and the M9.  The M9 has apparently been in the works since the beginning as it showed up on an official Minelab accessory parts listing several months ago as discovered by @Gerry in Idaho in this thread.  Nothing else showed up on that list that hasn't already been announced by ML now, so I think ML is done with providing any more Manticore accessory coils. It's actually surprising they had as many as 4 coils on the drawing board.  I just wish they'd make it off the drawing board and into manufacture on the day the detector itself is released.

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I just wish they'd make it off the drawing board and into manufacture on the day the detector itself is released.

I am afraid that in addition to a supply problem of the first batches, it was a clever maneuver to collect all available coils bit by bit.

If you do the math right, you reach almost double the price of the detector itself, excluding the M11 with which it comes.

My M9 arrived today.  Have it on the machine now, but won't be able to use it until the weekend.  I'll try it out on some Nevada ghost town sites this coming weekend though.

- Dave

39 minutes ago, UT Dave said:

My M9 arrived today.  Have it on the machine now, but won't be able to use it until the weekend.  I'll try it out on some Nevada ghost town sites this coming weekend though.

- Dave

Hi dave.. could you take a picture of m8 and m9 next to each other if you have the time of course, would love to see the actual size differences between the 2

14 minutes ago, fishersari said:

Hi dave.. could you take a picture of m8 and m9 next to each other if you have the time of course, would love to see the actual size differences between the 2

IMG_1603.thumb.jpeg.5f7757559bbda69cd942ce2d6a30552e.jpeg

- Dave

And with the M11.

IMG_1605.thumb.jpeg.0f9e4a6d722a298931933b71fc5fb242.jpeg

- Dave