Tiddlers From Ironstone Hell

Condor

Went back out to iron stone hell, long walk, much cooler, only needed 2 liters of water. I concentrated on a placer hillside where the nugglets hide amongst the iron stones. No trash, but used the Steve H concept of clearing all the targets. I kicked, picked and dug at least 100 iron stones to find 15 little nuggets. Total weght 1.9 grams. The poor SDC howled on some golf ball sized iron stone at depth. They seem to build up a halo when they're down deep, the target response is much less once they're out of the hole. Only a couple nugget targets screamed dig me. Everything else was just threshold warbles.

post-1-0-23577400-1415568502_thumb.jpg

Best decision I've made in detectors.. I get out for a couple hrs 4 or 5 days a week in yuma. I've recovered just over half oz over the past 3 weeks. Its the difference between finding a few bits or dragging that skunk around. I found a sub-grain piece at about 3 inches yesterday, unbelievable. Capped the morning with a 2.4 gram piece that howled low tone. I'll shoot a photo of this mass of dinks I've accumulated and post later. The Phase Tech headphone adapter makes a huge difference since I prefer in-ear earphones. Sweet package and keeps me motivated even if it is dink hunting. I'm quite sure the big ones will come along when I get back into some virgin ground.