First Nuggets!

I'm not on the FB, so haven't seen the picture.  Imagine Gerry will get some of them on here when he has time.

- Dave

Congrats on the first gold found with a metal detector! The first are always the most difficult to find and attending a training class can sure help with the learning curve. Hope you find many more.

Gerry included, there have been several very helpful people here that I would have to thank for their help, the well-knowns like Gerry and Steve, Chris, Rob and Ron, and the other members whom I was able to meet up with and go detecting with.

I was recently fortunate enough to meet up with one member here who brought me out to one of their detecting places and gave me some great tips and pointy fingers, and as a result, this is what I found with my 6000. A little .21g nugget, and my first with the 6K.  They’ll go unnamed, but they know I’m very appreciative to be able to go detecting with them. Thank you! 
IMG_2164.thumb.jpeg.773b9edd5d13e40b8f5ccbc45b93df44.jpeg

Good going UT Dave, nice gold, beware of picking up one of Gerry's" toothy" habits when finding gold. 

I did nibble a little caliche off the first one to make sure I wasn't seeing things.  It was mostly encrusted with it and I wasn't trusting my eyes, so I did chew on it slightly to get some of the crust off....

- Dave

Congrats on the first gold nuggets... Gerry, Lunk and the rest of that crew have helped many a newbie get hooked on gold fever... My first time out with them and my first nuggets back in 2014 and yea I got hooked good times...

strick 

Glad to see some of my customers enjoying hard earned Success and share their stories here on DP.  I'll let the cat out of the bag on the location as it's tough for anyone, even the best of us.  We were above the burn barrel and still on the open area.  Never left there the 3 day days.

Hopefully the June class is just as great f a group as this one and the weather was perfect.  Ground was still quite wet, but we managed.

I'll update with pics for everyone.