Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

First Gold Of 2018

Lunk

I'll follow your lead Mitchel. Couple rings form the parks last weekend. The gold one is 14k stamped and was around 12-02  on the ctx... could have been a piece of foil/tin. 

strick 

rings.jpg

• Like 8

• 5 months later...
On 1/10/2018 at 2:23 PM, goldrat said:

I have never posted a picture of any of my gold finds and today I will . Had been corresponding with Nenad and mentioned I was going to detect a reef near Tarnagulla in Victoria . I have found reefy nuggets at one level and higher up the slope any nuggets I have found have been totally wrapped in their host (ironstone) but some are having just a peep at the Aussie sun when removed from the ground . Any how I told Nenad I'd try and send a pic . Wow , after an hour of trial and error I got them through to him on email . My first success at extra technology for a 70 + year old . Now I'm taking the distance further to the USA and attempting to post to our forum . I just hope my second attempt  in time isn't relative to the distance of travel  ( lol )  !!!!! These nuggets are now in the Ali Brite sauna . Not sure if you can purchase this in USA . Details are . 1 litre container . Principal ingredients are 9.8 grams per litre of hydrofluoric acid and 46 grams per litre of sulphuric acid .

Cheers

goldrat

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

• Like 1

Just now, goldrat said:

Long time coming  "LUNK"

Well Lunk and fellow members , on January 10th I said I would post after bath pics of my first 2018 gold . I think I took my time in replying ??? Hard to believe that since that post I have not detected with the SDC , purchased the Equinox and have 2 half days under the belt with it . One of the first to receive it in Aus and just a lousy couple of hunts only . Pretty excited with my finds which I will post later . In brief my legs were giving me issues so I stopped detecting . Feel a lot better today 2 weeks after a bilateral double hernia operation . Counting down the next 6 to 8 weeks and look out old miners camps . Now for that January gold result .  ( 2.8 grams )

Cheers

goldrat

IMG_0607.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad it has worked out for you.  I think the gold you know about will be waiting for you.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Onya Goldrat, those nuggets cleaned up great! Sounds like you’ll be digging more soon. Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 8:18 AM, kiwijw said:

Good for you Goldrat.? You are an inspiration. I hope I am still capable at 70 or so years of age. Some days I feel a wreck at 58.:wacko:. That was some raw natural gold when you found it out from the bowels of mother earth. Is that acid mix you used similar to aqua-riga? Nasty stuff.  Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck to you.

JW :smile: 

JW , not sure what your aqua - riga represents in acids . Besides hydrochloric acid ( used in swimming pools and as a brickies acid ) we can buy off the shelf ali - brite sold in car accessory shops . Main use is for polishing stainless on vehicles . It has 5% hydro fluoric acid in the 1 litre bottle . That is the dangerous acid we can't purchase without a licence and after doing  rigorous training .

Just put up my first NOX report pre my few hour hunt prior to operation . 4 weeks since operation and surgeon says report back in 8 weeks , gunna change surgeons I think (LOL) Thanks for your kind thought mate .

Cheers

goldrat