Another Confidence Builder Day With The 800

Dan(NM)

I was hunting an old abandoned ball field today, Park 1,  running 2 tones, recovery 7, iron bias 0, 0 disc, tone break to accept 19 and up, full volume from -9 to 40 and 1 pitch from -9 to 18.  I only had a couple of hours to hunt this morning so I was cherry picking high tones only. I had recovered 9 or 10 pieces of clad from the trash, shaking my head each time I hit a coin, because I know for a fact I had covered this same dirt 3-4 times with the CTX. I started chasing some iffy semi repeatable high tones just to see what was in the ground.

I got a scratchy, but a repeatable high tone if I wiggled the coil real fast in very short sweep. The first hit was coming in at the mid to high 30's and I figured it was deep iron, I scrapped away 5-6" of dirt and the signal improved but the numbers were unstable, bouncing around the upper 30's. I was down about 13-14" when I found what was sounding off, part of an old aluminum can. I've noticed aluminum likes to bounce somewhat if it's irregular in shape and size.

I made another pass and got an almost identical type of hit and very close to the same VDI's only they stayed in the low 30's not bouncing into the mid to upper 30's. After scrapping 7-8" of dirt, I rescanned the hole and the signal cleaned up and was more of a mellow sounding, unlike the aluminum hit, this time staying around 32-33. At 10" I popped the target out, a shell casing from almost a foot deep :super:  I know it's not a silver coin or gold ring, but, that hit gave me a surge of confidence, that this dog will hunt!!!

Later in the day, I headed to a vacant lot that had surrendered some stuff over the last 3 years to the Etrac and CTX to see if the Nox could sniff out some stuff. I was running the same setup and started chasing iffy signal from the start. There used to be an old house here at one time and it's nasty with nails, brass, copper chunks and bits and pieces of aluminum everywhere.

Every signal I dug was  right next to trash or had iron in the hole with the target. I dug 2 wheats, the lipstick case and the good luck token in the trashiest part of the yard. Needless to say, I am more than pleased with the Nox and can say it has surpassed what I was expecting, hands down!!

I've been off for the last week and picked the most polluted places that I've hunted in the past with the Etrac(small coils) and the CTX(6" coil)  My goal was to take the CTX out on these hunts to cross check signals, but, after hunting with the Nox, I lost interest in bringing the CTX along. Not only that, it's a big time waster and a hassle to switch back and forth between machines. Actually, I was having way too much fun with the Nox to even care.:smile:

shell.jpg

hole.jpg

lot finds.jpg

Nice hunt and report Dan, like that good luck token, way cool!!

The EQ800 is such a fun machine to use, I kind of don't want to waste time doing a "shoot out" video against another machine, I just want to detect!  It has plenty of punch, and I haven't even cranked up the sensitivity yet. first hunt left it at the default setting, second hunt bumped it to 21, and it was punching deep. 

Waiting for next weekend to hunt again!

HH,
Brian