Minelab 2015 Dealer Conference

The thing is this is not a first machine by an unknown company. This is the company that has delivered the best technology ever since the SD 2000 was introduced. Not everyone is a skeptic. Many have waited for five years for what is said to be the next level in gold prospecting technology. Those who bet against Bruce Candy have generally been shown to have placed bad bets. So yes, there are indeed serious prospectors who will not blink at buying one immediately whatever the price. Their only concern is being first in line, and a deposit insures that.

Two years from now this will all be history and the GPZ 7000 will occupy the top of the heap with as little controversy as the GPX 5000 has enjoyed the last couple years. Hopefully by then the speculation will be on the GPZ 7500 and what improvements it brings to the table. The GPZ 7000 is not the end, it is a new beginning.

Hey JP,

I can understand your feelings,but please do post your thoughts,results,etc. here. Im pretty sure everyone here respects your input immensely.Plus,Steve allows freedom of speach,but not personal attacks,so please feel compfortable to express yourself. Cheers mate! Ray

My feelings exactly. I'm new to the game but it did not take me long to realize this is one of the best forum's for the detector enthusiast. Not only is it "Fair and Balanced" but Steve takes the time to put up new and interesting topics on a daily basis. I'm very much looking forward to what the pro's have to say about the new Minelab when the gag order has been lifted.

On a lighter note it's all about is finding stuff. Got out Sunday evening for about an hour and a half. Hunting in a wind storm with the CTX 3030. All early 1900's.... the ring is brass and silver I think. The piece of quartz is a friend of mine's He likes to hand inspect old tailing piles bit by bit and does not use a detector.   

strick

post-351-0-41903500-1423632896_thumb.jpg

post-351-0-51128700-1423632908_thumb.jpg

The Minelab dealer conference was held in New Orleans this year and I am fortunate to have been invited by Minelab. I have never been to New Orleans before so that alone has been enjoyable, though it may have been a lot more fun 30 years ago! Better was meeting with the Minelab team and learning new product details. The icing on the cake was being able to rub shoulders with various people involved in the industry, mostly as dealers from all around the world, but also people in related fields, like the folks from Coiltek. This was the first world-wide conference and I was surprised to see nearly half those attending had traveled from all over the world to be there.

I have signed no less than three non-disclosure statements now for Minelab recently so unfortunately this post is a bit of a teaser. I simply can't say anything yet about the GPZ 7000 or anything else. If you ask even by email or PM I cannot respond at this time, but you do not have long to wait. When I am given a green light I will let forum members know and in general it is only on this forum that I will be commenting or answering questions. There may end up being leaks elsewhere but if so they will not be coming from me.

I can say however it is obvious that Minelab is committed to remaining an industry innovator and leader and that they have formidable resources at their disposal to help insure that continues to be the case. I want to thank the many good people at Minelab for affording me the opportunity to have some input, however small, on products that make a difference in my life, and for inviting me to the conference.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Are we to assume Steve is aka Steve-USA? :)

Neal