Minelab 2015 Dealer Conference

I was reading some of the posts on the Australian forums and I don't understand why some feel the need to get personnel in their disagreements. I own a couple of Jonathan's dvds and I read as many of Steve's posts as possible. I would say that a overwhelming amount of my knowledge on the subject comes directly from you 2 gentlemen. I am so looking forward to hearing what both of you have to say about the new Minelab when you can speak about it.

Thank you both for sharing your experience. It is appreciated by many.

Steve and JP, I have much respect  for your commitments to Minelab, Bill at Nugget Shooter forum and I as an Administrator (Au Seeker) while trying our best to allow freedom of speech do not and will not allow personal badgering between members or personal attacks towards it's members, if you have any issues there please let me know immediately, I try my best to catch such replies quickly, but I may miss one while at work. 

Hi Skip,

It can be a tough call at times. I am lucky. Great people here while at the same time certain people I would just as soon not show up here have not. A certain exclusivity here will not hurt my feelings.

Some of the Aussie forums used to be truly great back in the day. That is where I first found JP and back when I was a Minelab newbie I hung on his every post, and that of some other knowledgeable people who unfortunately are no longer with us. Then it seemed they descended into chaos over time and many good people simply left. Now it is more drama than information. Kind of like watching the Gold Rush shows I guess.

Anyway Skip, I appreciate your efforts in keeping it clean. You guys have a great, active forum.

Thanks Steve, I would also like to add and give thanks to Nugget Shooter's 6 active Moderators who do a great job when Bill and I are not on the forum, we all work as a group to keep the forum on a even keel, we also as a group vote on forum policy/rules changes and actions towards violations of forum rules, without our Moderators it would be a very tough job at times!

I had a bet with Minelab it would not take a dealer long to ignore the signed NDA and start posting. Already started, and hype dial being cranked as high as it can go.

Funny thing is people say otherwise but they really want hype. They want to be sold. Not everyone of course, but many. There is a deep desire for wish fulfillment at work, and people basically being told what they want to hear. It is no fun being told you still have to work at it, and the 20% will go on making 80% of the finds. People want a magic wand.

I have always been a believer in understating things so that people get pleasant surprises and to in effect lower the bar for success. Boosting the bar as high as it can go may get people all fired up but it also raises the risks when the bar is inevitably not cleared by some. The higher the bar, the more people that will come up short. It can backfire in a big way.

I just have a feeling this new detector release is going to set records for forum frenzy. I am glad I constructed a fortress here to hide in where I can keep the craziness out.

Wilkommen inn das festung Herschbach!! That's as far as my fake/drunk German will take me. Steve has built a fortress of sanity and civility where we can gather safe from stray boomerangs and the like.

I like it - now bring on the frenzy and let the waves lap harmlessly against our walls.

Meanwhile in the real world, Mike Scott of FT is off to Africa again (see Fisher Facebook page). It's ironic but the slim, affordable gold detectors we all want will probably emerge because of the "job to be done" in Africa. Maybe the first example of the needs of the poor driving innovation to benefit the (comparatively) rich.

Fun times ahead, prepare your BS detectors and some may need tinfoil hats to deflect the mind-expanding rays.

I think it is just human nature to speculate and get hyped. Especially when it comes to gold and treasure and such. There is all kinds of speculation going on on other forums. With some of it being hailed as gospel truth already. If the new gpz is going to be as good gpx 5000 with wireless capabilities, waterproof housing, gps and pc mapping then I say count me in! If there is even a 5% increase in depth then that's just icing on the cake!

I THINK THE FIRST THING i WANT TO KNOW  WOULD BE THE PRICE,  I SEE  DEALERS ARE NOW TAKING ORDERS ON A MACHINE THAT WE REALLY DO NOT KNOW MUCH OF ANYTHING ABOUT AND DO NOT KNOW THE PRICE.  ARE PEOPLE GOING TO PUT UP A DEPOSIT UNDER THESE  TERMS.    HAVING SAID THAT,  IF JP SAYS IT WORTH WHATEVER THE PRICE IS I WOULD BELIEVE HIM..........