Equinox Hunt At A Ww1 Training Area

Dan(NM)

I was going to wait until the 6" coil came out to hunt this spot. My buddy and I decided to go ahead and take our Nox's out and give it whirl anyways. This is one of the most iron polluted places I've hunt with the Nox and it did very well considering we had the 11" coil where you really need a much smaller coil. This was my buddy's second outing with the Nox and he actually did a great job adapting to it under the circumstances. I was running Park 1, 2 tones, recovery speed 7, iron bias 0, tone break set from -9 to +8 with low tones assigned to this bin, high tones from +9 and up. Ground balance set to 0, sensitivity set at 18. I was using a new pair of APTX earbuds that was more than fast enough with no lag at all.

This machine is unreal in the iron, I had zero problem with the iron giving false signals, which I think it had to do with the iron on or near the surface and the soil was bone dry. It may be a different story if I ever hunt it after a good rain. Even though there was a nonstop barrage of low tones, when I did hit a digable target there was no doubt about it. I was surprised at how well the Nox hit with consistent VDI's, not that I was going by the numbers, but, it was rather impressive anyway. My buddy and I both noticed that we were digging deeper hits with the Nox than we did with the Etrac or the CTX in this spot.  

IMG_7750.JPG

camp cody ground.jpg

Dan

I have read about that camp several times over the years and always thought it would be fun to hunt it.  Quite a few years back a 16D Merc was found there. 

Tom