All My Finds So Far This Year " Gems "

Nuke em

3 hours ago, Nuke em said:

Almost all of this years total is old losses , the cashless society is killing coin hunting now. In the past i have had a lot and my best year was £3411 plus gems. But those totals are a dream now.

3 hours ago, Nuke em said:

Almost all of this years total is old losses , the cashless society is killing coin hunting now. In the past i have had a lot and my best year was £3411 plus gems. But those totals are a dream now.

Man alive do you ever go home . That's unreal and how did you spend it or are you like most of us we just save for a rainy day 

4 hours ago, steveg said:

THREE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED ELEVEN POUNDS?!?!

Are you KIDDING me???

I am speechless...

Steve

Yes. I am not kidding . And the following year it was £3236 and 11 Gold rings , more gems than the year before . But since it has been a lot less in coinage but gems have held to average .

2 hours ago, Judy said:

Man alive do you ever go home . That's unreal and how did you spend it or are you like most of us we just save for a rainy day 

A lot in that year were fresh losses , but also a lot were dirty old losses . I cleaned it all up and banked it . It has paid for my detectors and things since. The hobby has to pay for itself .

I am on the way out in a short time for another search with the Nox . Its a bit overcast and i am expecting rain , will also have to work the tide out till around 1pm . Thats my lot for today , it could be over way before that if i see the beach has built up.

Phrunt . Only about one third of this is from the Gold Coast . I work a lot of beaches in Northern NSW where I came from . But they still work the Gold Coast and  get good stuff . Around Main Beach there will be about 8 detectorists working that and Surfers Paradise but they still get stuff . At the moment there are only a couple of spots with a bit of sand off and that's where we have worked as nobody else likes to do out of the popular spots . You most definately need to bring your detector . There is a group Metal Detecting Gold Coast ,  so you should join that and keep an eye on what's happening . There is always someone talking about a cut on the beach when it happens . Also most go and check out sea cams to see how many are on the beaches . Personally if I need to go I go 

Been to the beach for around 3 hours . I found a George V Penny of 1919 and £11.79p and another silver ring and a junk ring. 

29) £11.79p FOUND 25-04-18 EQ.JPG