Review - The Minelab Equinox Series, From Beginner To Advanced, By Clive Clynick

On 8/19/2018 at 10:01 PM, NAGANT said:

Had it with me today at a river swimming beach.  Practiced  interrogating signals and dug more clad and junk jewelry then Bottle caps and pull tabs, had fun.

...WHERE were you on the night of....?   ...sorry.

Glad to see  that the book has helped your accuracy--thats the main purpose of it. 

cjc

• Like 1

Bought the book from Amazon.com and am presently reading it for the 2nd time. Won't be the last time. ?

If you have an Equinox and like reading the posts on this forum you'll like reading/owning this book! ?

For me the most important point I took away from this book is (so far), that the Equinox is a "high gain" detector and therefore it reacts and handles differently from my other (more of an "entry level") detector. I just have to stop comparing the Equinox to the other detector, start from zero and take the Equinox out and detect, detect, detect...read the book again....and detect, detect, detect, etc. ?

Thanks for writing the book Clive.

Greetings to all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob'ke said:

For me the most important point I took away from this book is (so far), that the Equinox is a "high gain" detector and therefore it reacts and handles differently from my other (more of an "entry level") detector.

It's an important point. Equinox is a very high performance detector being sold at mid-range pricing. That being the case many people who are getting it may struggle with both the multitude of settings and the fact the Equinox is so hot. Not saying anyone on this forum but watching some posts out there on the internet it is obvious some people are in over their heads. Number one tip - stay with those factory preset programs, and do not be afraid to lower the sensitivity!

• Like 5

On 9/11/2018 at 2:50 PM, Bob'ke said:

Bought the book from Amazon.com and am presently reading it for the 2nd time. Won't be the last time. ?

If you have an Equinox and like reading the posts on this forum you'll like reading/owning this book! ?

For me the most important point I took away from this book is (so far), that the Equinox is a "high gain" detector and therefore it reacts and handles differently from my other (more of an "entry level") detector. I just have to stop comparing the Equinox to the other detector, start from zero and take the Equinox out and detect, detect, detect...read the book again....and detect, detect, detect, etc. ?

Thanks for writing the book Clive.

Greetings to all.

Thanks for your kindfeedback Bob'ke. That is a key point and a ton of things follow from there.  I see videos of guys not even using the cross sweep and going from one bit of junk to the next.  It's not just the shape that we are tryingto determine--it's the consistency of the relationship between target and ground.  This tells us if theres any rust or corrosion in the target.  That's not to say that 4 way responses are the only good ones--but being able to make these simple determinations will give your accuracy a quantum boost.  Then if you prefer--dig everything.  Good Luck Clive

• Thanks 1