A Question For Someone Who Has Had A 6" Coil On Both The CTX And Equinox

Rick73

I have the Equinox 800 but do not have the 6" coil for it. I also have the CTX with the 6" coil. I am thinking of ordering a 6" for the Equinox. I am thinking more speed but maybe not because usually the 6" is for trashy area. Does anyone prefer the Equinox 6" over the CTX 6".

I had the 6" for the CTX but sold it once I got the 6" for the Equinox.  The Equinox with the 6" coil out performed the CTX with the 6" hands down at the same site. I did not see a reason the keep the CTX 6" coil. The 6" is like a laser beam in heavy trash and will isolate good targets with no problems.

I too have a 6" coil for my CTX 3030 and Equinox 800. I rarely use the CTX anymore since getting the 800 because of the weight difference and the recovery speed of the Equinox. I have found a fine gold bracelet with the 6" Equinox that the CTX couldn't hear. I found older coins deeper with the Equinox that the CTX couldn't recover. I hunt primarily demo homes where there are a ton of nails. Using anything bigger than a 6 inch coil frustrates the hell out of me. Just can't find as much with the larger coil. Frankly at this point, wondering why I even keep the CTX. You'll never go wrong getting a 6 inch coil for the Equinox.