Sign in to follow this  
normmcq

CTX 3030 Battery Question

normmcq    294

I know it is ok to use the 3030 battery in the GPZ. Is it ok to use the GPZ battery in the CTX? I am thinking the larger battery would help with balance when using the large coil.

Any thoughts?

Norm

Steve Herschbach    7,491

The CTX and GPZ rechargeable batteries interchange just fine. The CTX battery will run the GPZ about a half day - I always have one with me for backup. And the GPZ battery will nearly double the operating time of the CTX.

The CTX AA battery pack WILL NOT work with the GPZ.

minelab-gpz-7000-battery-compatibility.jpg

• Like 1

normmcq    294

Thanks for the clarification Steve, I thought I read that someplace before I got the CTX.

Norm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Rod K
      Anyone know of any 1.8V AA rechargeable batteries with a high mah for sale? Trying to find something hotter to use in my TDI SL. Or how to go about using 4 of the Panosonic 18650 3.7v 3400mah batteries in the 8 battery box? Still waiting for Whites to have an upgrade available.
    • By Ridge Runner
      We have some detectors that have a battery pack that has to be charged in the unit and others that can be removed. The only thing I dislike about the batteries that can't be removed is when this happens you don't have a working detector anymore. I know most have a long charge life but all have a limit on how long that will last. 
      Now give me a detector that a battery pack that can be removed to be charged and have a pack you can drop in to keep detecting is in my opinion is the best way to go.
      I'm sure everyone has their opinion and I'd like to hear yours.
      Chuck
      PS At this time I have just one Scuba Tector that batteries can't be removed
    • By Steve Herschbach
      There appears to be a new genuine by Minelab smaller battery option available for the GPX series. Oddly enough it is not on the Minelab site and no reference to it anywhere except one Australian dealer http://www.minersden.com.au/minelab-gpx-small-lightweight-battery/
      Part number 3011-0332 and less than half the weight, 18.6 wH good for around three hours.

• By osbod007
      however, being somewhat 'thrifty' I have often gleaned over the thought of using a rechargeable alternative.  My brother, who is thriftier than I, not long ago told me about rechargeable alkaline batteries and their abilities.  I have experience with both the normal NiCd and NiMh rechargeable varieties each type having their pros and cons and the biggest being the lower operating voltage when fully charged of about 1,2 volts.  Alkaline in my experience initially will be in the 1.6+ voltage range, much better for my LST and GM4.  I guess my question might be, why did the Rechargeable Alkaline alternative never get advertised or promoted?  I believe they may be a worthy consideration but, " anyone out there ever go this route?"
    • By AuWanderer
      Wondering if anyone's using the GoldScreamer power packs for their gpx? Thinking I may have to go that route very soon....if you do how do you like the system? Has anyone had any bad experience with using it as its not an official minelab battery.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I try to use rechargeables as much as possible but use alkalines for backup and around the house enough it seems I always have these batteries sitting around. I usually replace batteries in my detectors well before they are dead, so keep them to use in flashlights etc. until they really are used up. I decided I needed something simple that would test any size battery with no fuss to sort out the good from the bad. I've been using a little multimeter but wanted something simpler.
      I found the La Crosse battery tester on Amazon and it has been perfect for me. I rounded up every loose battery I had and it makes it very easy to just drop them in and test. AAA, AA, C, D, and 9V are all easily tested as good, bad, or somewhere in between. At less than $10 for a pocket sized tool it has been proven a real bargain for me.
      Anyone else got a great battery tester to report on?