Sign in to follow this  
hayesman76

The Logistics Of Metal Detecting For Gold

To get a good idea of the bending, kneeling and digging involved in an easy day of nugget hunting, go to a local park and dig every signal...every signal! Do this for 4 to 8 hours and see how you feel.

I suggest a good, comfortable pair of knee pads or neoprene knee braces ( the ones without a hole)...this will ease a lot of the strain on your joints...

Better yet, get a digger to do the work for you...a willing and well trained child or wife will do...

fred

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MineBlab
      What is a GPX 4000 in good shape with 3 coils and other extras worth (no warrantee)?
    • By oneguy
      I'm new to nugget shooting and have recently got a Gold Monster a couple weeks ago.  I wanted to get a little time on the machine and there's snow on the claim I have access to so I took the machine out to some nearby dredge piles to play around.  I got about 8 hrs on the machine so far. These dredge piles are about 15' high and I quickly found out how dangerous climbing around steep, frozen big boulders was....lol  I did get a few "hits" on the GM on top the piles but after carefully removing rocks one at a time I realized whatever set the machine off kept falling down in between the rocks deeper into the pile the more I chased it?  Very little small gravel/soil type material....just big cleaned rock.  So I learned that hunting the tops of these piles will most likely end in defeat or injury.  I hunted just a few hrs on the wooded flats near the base of some piles.  So far I've dug lead bullets, casings, some iron, and new aluminum so the machine is working, etc.  My question may sound stupid but I'll throw it out there.....   Is there a semi productive way to search these piles?  Should a guy just search around the bottoms and flatter ground where maybe some of the finer material has finally settled?  I'd taken a rake along with me when I went but never really used it as the rocks in the piles were much bigger once I got up close....lol
      PS.....Having only driven by these piles for years I must say that once I actually crawled around on the piles I was VERY impressed how much material those old dredges dug outta that creek.....amazing to say the least..........

Thanks

• By marwan
      hello
      what is the best vlf detector for nuggets gold?
    • By Highlandhowler
      Has anybody got any info a good prospecting shop in Socal.
    • By Sourdough Scott
      It has been a while since we last heard from Klunker on this forum. I sure miss hearing his insights on detecting and his other commentary. I don't know if he is just too darned busy detecting and finding gold? Or his computer broke? Or if he has been banished from the forum from the powers above . Any which way, I sure miss his 2 cents worth. Please come back! 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      This video features the Deus but there are lessons here for anyone chasing fringe targets....