With The Reports Of Drownings

Smithobx

10 hours ago, steveg said:

I am having a hard time believing that Minelab's policy is that your unit would not be replaced, if you have another water intrusion failure.  A warranty is a warranty, and if your replacement machine remains under the original unit's 3-year warranty, I cannot imagine a scenario where Minelab would refuse to replace it in the event of a shallow-water water intrusion failure.  Perhaps I'm wrong, but I would be quite surprised...

Steve

Hi Steve.

I was just as surprised as you but that is exactly what dealer (who has been quite helpful BTW) told me that ML told him to let me know.

In any case I would certainly not just take the dealers word for it if I do have another failure. I work for a big WW corporate and also understand that the utterances of one individual at ML does not translate into company policy.

I own 3 ML machines, Equinox 800 and 600, plus a GoFind 22 and the ProFind 35 PP. I have invested in carbon shafts for both machines plus new arm cuffs, ML harness, bags, coil protectors and all the coils etc, etc. I am well invested into ML and just want working equipment without any hassle. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Ivan - I suggest you deal direct with ML for any future warranty issues if you can.  Not sure if you are dealing with a US warranty claim or  what your dealer is actually doing, but as far as Equinox is concerned I have never heard of ML not honoring its warranty, especially in regards to water intrusion issues.  ML is fully aware they have an issue with water intrusion in their design and it is in their best interest to honor in-warranty repairs no questions asked.   

What you need to confirm DIRECTLY with ML (not through your dealer) is the remaining warranty applicable to your repaired or replaced detector.  Depending on whether your control pod unit was replaced with a refurbished or new unit or your entire detector was replaced with a new detector determines the remaining time on your warranty (e.g.  restart the clock at 3 years, remaining time left from original purchase, or 90 days).  

Your dealer may be acting as a middleman to simply replace your detector with stock on hand which is different than dealing directly with ML warranty repair and he may be receiving push back from his distributor on wholesale replacement vs. having the customer deal directly with ML on a traditinal warranty claim. 

BTW here is some information on the cost of out of warranty control pod replacements.

Hi Chase. 

Thank you for your feedback regarding this matter. Firstly this is not in the USA and actually in the United Arab Emirates, Dubai where I live and work as an expatriate.
As I said when I replied to Steve. I have been working in the corporate world and fully understand that the utterances of one ML individual does not suddenly become ML company policy. Therefore I would give ML the benefit of the doubt. 

Now regarding replacement units which I received to date. It was only the control box replaced and the dealer said they were new  units. Although I have no way of knowing if they are in fact new or refurbished. They just came in pink bubble wrap plastic bags. 

Good to know we can buy the control unit out warranty as I have carbon fiber shafts and many other Equinox gadgets, which I would like to see full usage of. 

Regards

Ivan 

• Like 3