Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 At Costco

Last year Costco had the First Texas Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 for about $129 if I recall correctly. This year I am seeing a pallet full of them at Costco for $99.99

costco-discovery-3300-metal-detector-bounty-hunter-first-texas.jpg
Costco #1233678 First Texas Products Metal Detector Discovery 3300

That is honestly a steal for a ground balancing VLF four tone metal detector. From the Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 Data & Specifications page:

• Manual ground balance
  • Zero in with microprocessor-controlled discrimination
  • Deep-seeking one-touch pinpoint
  • 5 Modes of operation
  • 4-Tone and 11-segment target identification

The Discovery 3300 is basically the same detector as the $249 Fisher F4 (up to $399 at some dealers). The F4 comes with an 11” DD coil instead of the 8” concentric on the 3300, plus the F4 has a three piece instead of two piece rod. However, the target id scale on the F4 is compressed from 0 - 99 compared to the amazing 0 - 199 scale on the 3300... see the post below.

Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 Owner's Manual

bounty-hunter-discovery-3300-metal-detector.jpg
bounty-hunter-discovery-3300-metal-detector-controls-display.jpg

• Like 1

Not only four tones with manual ground balance, but nearly 200 points of non-ferrous target id range! 0 - 10 ferrous and 11 - 199 non-ferrous. Note that the “all metal mode” is a discriminate mode with all items accepted. That means the tone discrimination is active in the “all metal” mode.

bounty-hunter-discovery-3300-target-id-chart.jpg

bounty-hunter-discovery-3300-tone-categories.jpg

That’s why First Texas isn’t worrying about hyping/promoting new machines like the Manta.  They make the bulk of their sales in the big box stores.  They always have a market for their older housings.  I believe these share housings with the old F-2/4/5 detectors.  Pretty solid marketing/manufacturing plan being able to move older models/housings from the top  tier brands down to the entry level big box store brands. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I just added a note to my first post. This is the same detector as the much more expensive Fisher F4. The F4 comes with an 11” DD coil instead of the 8” concentric on the 3300, plus the F4 has a three piece instead of two piece rod. However, the target id scale on the F4 is compressed from 0 - 99 compared to the amazing 0 - 199 scale on the 3300... see my post above.

fisher-f4-control-panel-display.jpg

I doubt Walmart and Cabelas are very happy to be sitting on 3300 stock at higher prices.

• Like 4

Is the Texas First Discovery 3300 the same as the Bounty Hunter 3300 metal detector?  I can't see any difference in the pictures and Costco has it for $30 less than Amazon, but it is under the name of Texas First Discovery.

Hi Lori, welcome to the forum. Yes, they are the very same detector, says so right on the box. First Texas owns Bounty Hunter. They also own the Fisher and Teknetics metal detector companies so quite a few models are the same except for the labels. The company name is First Texas, not Texas First. Here is the main company link showing all the brands they make at the bottom. They even make night scopes. https://www.detecting.com/

This is an exceptional deal and why I posted about it. You won't get more metal detector anywhere for $100

costco-discovery-3300-metal-detector-bounty-hunter-first-texas-box.jpg

• Like 1

Thats a good deal, didn't realize that machine has those features. Might make some good xmas gifts for my nephews.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kac said:

Thats a good deal, didn't realize that machine has those features. Might make some good xmas gifts for my nephews.

I purchased it today at Costco for $99.98,  You can order online also but will have a small shipping fee added to it.

• Like 4